OIL Henry Cow Bison Success!

Murdoc34

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-09 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-09 AT 08:20?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-09 AT 08:19?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-09 AT 08:17?PM (MST)

I just made it back from my buffalo hunt. By far my most challenging and favorite hunt I've ever been on. I ended up killing on the 3rd day of the hunt. I glassed a heard at just over 4 miles according to google earth. Luckily we had a snowmobile which made it so we could access an atv trail that was snowed in. Stalk took about 2 hours as we covered 2 miles up and down those deceiving canyons on the Henry's. Luckily the wind was in our favor and I found a small rock outcropping to be able to see the buffs for the shot. The rest is history.

I was told that this was a difficult hunt. I guess I was a little skeptical about that, but now I'm a believer. It took us a day and a half to get her off the mountain. I couldn't have done it without my die hard hunting partners.

It's no secret that Henry's has an incredible deer heard, but my heck, I started wondering if they reverse how they count from doe to buck ratio to buck to doe ratio. It is amazing the quality of deer on that range.

I want to send a special thanks to all the monster muley faithful who helped me on this. My research mainly came from members on this site and I would have been lost without your help. Thanks!
4b2ee8d71a6ed59b.jpg

4b2ee9721fdc9c75.jpg

Murdock34, It appears you got lucky and got a young enought cow that the meat will just be terrific. When your hunting buddies find out how great it is, they will be demanding their share for help in packing it out. Save the best steaks for you and your family. Thanks for the story and pics.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-09 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]Murdoc34,Hi my name is Dane Robert Vance-Connoyer and I am 8 years old, and this is my first post ever. Joe is my great uncle. I would like to say that, that Buffalo is huge and I hope to go on one of those hunts one day.

Have a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Dane Robert

Joe E Sikora

Dane,

I'm glad you liked the pictures. It was a great hunt that I'm sure you will get to enjoy someday. Only a few more years until you get to start putting in!

Brady

Hey Brady,

What rifle and bullet combination did you use? How many shots to put her down? Thanks.

Dax

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom