Open Units

Clownpuncher

Does Utah have open units for elk? I live in Colorado and I have never hunted Utah before. I'm guessing that they have open units somewhere in the state. Anyone have a link that shows more of this?

I know Colorado's tags fairly well having hunted here for 30+ years but I can't speak for Utah's. I'm just looking for meat tags really. I was wondering if maybe there were cow tags for somewhere that was near western Colorado. I have a cow tag for Colorado but would love another one in the freezer if it's at all possible.

If you're an archery guy, the entire state is OTC and you take take a cow anywhere in the state except the book cliffs where you can only take a spike.

If your after the meat than the spike only units are by far your best option, archery hunters can take spikes or cows.

I'd recommend buying an OTC tag. If you prefer rifle hunting, I have an idea for getting you a cow tag as well. PM me for details if you're interested.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom