opening day story

elkhuntn247

Back when the application period opened I put my app in the first day, along with my 12 year old little brother. I had 3 points, he didnt have any with it being his first time putting in. when the application period closed I watched my statements everyday. Finally I hit for a UT turkey permit. I was sure it had to be mine with 3 points... I was wrong my little brother ended up pulling the tag! I was ecstatic when I found out he drew! I was gonna do whatever it took to help him put the smack down on his first thunderchicken!

I had been watching birds all winter, around 200 birds. All on private land, private land which I had good friendships with both owners :)

Saturday the 9th was only a few days away. I found out I wasnt going to be able to get the day off... I worked close to the birds tho. I had my dad bring my little brother up to meet me at 5:00 we rushed into action! the birds werent doing exactly what we wanted. but finally one nice tom did. My brother waited for the shot... and waited... and waited... I think I was shaking more than him lol. then the hen cleared and he picked his head up... BANG!!!!

Well the rest... ya know

5342011_turkey.jpg

7394p1030571.jpg

6703p1030581.jpg

Congrats to both of you. Thanks for sharing the photos and the story. Way to go on helping your brother out and starting him out on his first bird. Thumbs up to both of you!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom