Opening Morning Buck

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-09 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]Looks like everyone has been having some good success with the mulies this year. I had a short hunt yesterday morning and harvested this young buck 45 minutes into shooting light. Still hunted some scrub oak draws until I spotted this buck skylined on the next ridge over. Took my time and squeezed one off at just under 250 yards, dropping him instantly. Didn't see the monster standing 10 feet from him until after I shot but no regrets on this fat deer.
IMG_0799.jpg

Packed up camp and noticed a nice shadow following me home...
IMG_0809.jpg

There was a good roadblock in Magdalena stopping traffic with police and G&F Officers checking everything from insurance to hunting licenses. The first time I've seen one in New Mexico.
IMG_0808.jpg

Was thankful to be heading home with a good harvest as the winds picked up and some weather was racing me home.
IMG_0810.jpg

It's been a nice season so far.
....now I'm sitting at home watching the Broncos and working on the eruo mount for my bull from a couple of weeks ago:
IMG_0811.jpg

Life is good,
-Cody

Cody,

Congrats on another successul hunt!!! Life is good even though both our teams lost today. My Cowboys stunk it up bad today. Oh well, life is still good with us being able to enjoy the outdoors and hunting. Good luck on all you future outdoor and hunting adventures. Crazyelk...

Congrats to you as well. I saw one of those road blocks in 2B a couple years back. It was way in there, probably 20 miles in. They had a slew of "hunters" lined up getting DWI's. Seemed like everyone out there played by the rules after that. Losing to the skins? I guess I cant say too much my team lost to the Jags...

Very nice buck Cody,...I was in 17 on the first rifle and didn't see a shooter....I'm bummed but I'll be back. I have a buddy in Magdalena that came down to visit camp one night. Congrats on a nice buck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom