Oregon Bulls

Well, I greased a pretty decent 5X5 in the first Ochoco rifle hunt, went about 750 pounds, mature bull for sure. Of all damn things I didn't have a camera. My brother dropped a bull that went about 300 on the first day of the second season in East Northside. Other than that, I didn't hear of many others. I saw a pretty big bull in the back of a truck on my hunt and that was it. I couldn't buy an elk the first day and then mid-day on the second day they were everywhere... Fun hunt.

A 388 and 342 bull were killed on public land during second season rifle. I will get some pics and will post when I get permission from the guys, but not going to say what unit!!! The two guys I know that killed the pigs, passed on serveral smaller bulls before taking these, on the same day, within 800yds of each other! There was hardly any snow, which is not commen for that time of year. The elk held high and didn't move to lower grounds, where 95% of land is private. They are two VERY lucky guys! They packed in 18 miles and got away from the other hunters. As I always say and do, get away from the road and other hunters, and you WILL have success!

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom