ORYX DRAW

U

UThunting

well last year it was feb 28th so I am hoping to see somthing soon hope to hear from someone

The website says the applications will not be available next week to process draw 1. I take that to mean look for results late next week.

I get my cast off March 16. Doc said it looks good for how bad it was. I still should not try anything to much this fall as it will not be 100% for at least a year. Now, what to apply for....I should have a better idea when most of the stuff is due in April. I am debating on trying for a late season hunt instead of a early wilderness one in CO this year with my 7 points. If I just knew they were not going to mess around with the draw systems or quotas in the new 5 year plan, I would just wait until next year.....For elk, sheep and goat, just try for the toughest draws to keep points going, except for desert. I want a tag...

Results should be available by the 10th of March, but it could even come a little earlier also....

Arley

I would bett you would see it on the credit card sooner then it post

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Roy Ut

Looks like they are in the process of doing the draw from 3/1-3/5. I surmized this from the website...

Check your credit cards, my buddy and I put in as a group and his card just got hit for 3K by the New Mexico Game & Fish. We're going oryx hunting baby!

I'm pretty sure it's the Rhodes Canyon Feb 12-13, '05. Man, that's a long way off.

Have you or anyone else ever hunted this unit? Any info as to what we should expect would be greatly appreciated.

drew tularosa for jan 15-16. hope to see you guys there. if anyone can share info on this hunt it would be greatly appreciated.

looks like a little .338 medicine will be in order!!!

jason

If you listed 3 choices on the application, how do you know what you drew? Now if you only put one, that would be a no brainer... What do you guys think about a point system for NM?

The depredation hunt only let you put one choice. And I was wrong, I put in for the Aug. hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-04 AT 12:25PM (MST)[p]Just found out my CC was hit for the Oryx hunt. Yeeehaaaw! Heck we only live once... I'll have to wait for the offical results to see what hunt I drew. Good luck to those who applied! :) :) My caliber of choice here is the .300 WSM either 180 or 200 grain accubonds.

M1- For what it is worth go with the 200, and make sure you can hit a shoulder at 200 + yards. Some people get lucky and get closer or shoot right behind the shoulder and get one. Them dang things are hard to bring down!!!1
WH13

Man!! all you credit card guys are already getting your results! Does't anyone have cash/checks anymore to apply with?? I'm missing out on all the fun till March 10th! Thats great you guys.

NM just went to this system this year. I was ready to send the money upfront. Then the new system rolled around and I thought I would hang on to the cash and put it on the card if I got drawn.

The 12/28-12/30 hunt at Rhodes Canyon was my first choice with the Feb 05 Rhodes Canyon hunt next and last was the Tularosa hunt in 1/05. Hopefully I drew my 1st choice.

Any good videos out there with Oryx hunts? Maybe some SCI stuff?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom