Oryx help

TineMaster

I was wondering what oryx hunt would be the best one to apply for? I know no summer hunts because it's real hot. I was thinking off- range also because this being my first time applying for oryx.

~Master the Tines~

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-12 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]Off range hunts are very difficult and most don't ever see one.

I would recommend applying for the on-range hunts since you haven't yet done it. If you don't want to use your once in a lifetime tag yet, then apply for a "Broke Horn." Fun hunt and you can get the same experience and be better prepared for the OIL hunt. They are about a difficult to draw as the OIL though. Draw odd for the off-range hunts are depressing too.

Plus...all the horns are broken right now following that aweful freeze last year!

we hunted I believe it was the august hunt a few years back and most of the time it wasn't bad.Got hot binging oryx out on cart.have plenty of help and plenty of water.

I've hunted the stallion range three out of the last four years on the first hunt. I had a lifetime hunt and a broken horn. Filled out on both my friend was unsuccessful due to the distance of some of the shots. The temp was in the eighties. I would put in for that hunt again if I could.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom