OTC Archery in Dillon

B

BigShot

I am going to be in Dillon/Silverthorne the whole month of sept. and will have plenty of free time. Want to OTC Archery Elk. Was considering Eagles Nest Wilderness? Anyone ever hunt it, any suggestions, what other areas within an hour or two of there? Areas I have a hunted before are all on the western slope or southern CO. Not familiar with the Dillon area. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

I live in that area, there are lots of opportunities for good hunting. Eagles nest is a very rugged area.
I will try to write more tonight

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will not have any oppurtunity to scout this summer. I can and will travel a bit. But any info would be great...Does Eagles Nest hold good elk population? You can PM me if you want. Or email [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

We hunting the area North of Dillon last year during 1st rifle season and had no luck and didn't see much. We did some scouting in Sept and saw a couple good bulls. I did also see one good one during rifle but was near treeline and 5 hours from the road. We hunted the Harrigan Creek area which is before you get to Green Mountain res. It was mostly dark timber with few open areas at all! We also hit Vail pass and didn't see much there either. Good luck!