OTHER AUCTION TAG PRICES???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Just wondering if anybody knows what the other Tags went for?

We know what the Highest Priced Tag went for!:D

How bout the others?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Did you make it home safe?? Hopefully you found a few empties
on the trip. At least enough to cover fuel.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

Thanks for your Concern wiley!

Ya!

Made it home Safely!

All Your Aluminum is under about a foot of Snow across Strawberry!

So My Aluminum Recovery was mighty Low today!

Takes a lot of Aluminum to Feed a Big Block!:D

Where were you ww?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

You know that ain't my bag CAT.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

All the state wide tags get sold tonight. Lat night a san juan sheep went for 50k, Dutton, bould and san juan went for 30k +. Wasatch moose went for 15k, newfy sheep went for 85k, I think the oregon statwide went for 40+, but can't remember. NV statewide was up there

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-14 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]Just heard a Yukon moose/dall sheep combo hunt went for 1.4 million, and was then re-donated and sold for 22k.

Yelum

GEEZUS!!!

AZ statewide deer 220k
Henrys deer 90k
Zion sheep, 70k
UT statewide elk, 130k

Yelum

CO statewide deer 70k
2nd henrys 80k
statewide goat 40k
Yelum

What You're Sayin YELUM is:

I won't be Buyin/Biddin on any of the Tags!:D

How many Henries Tags are gonna be Auctioned?

JUDAS!

Why spend a million then redonate it? That is a dumb thing to do, go hunt geeze. Oh did I forget to mention that you can buy a lot of tags for that type of change without bidding lol.

Yellum
Was the CO, UT deer tag prices down from last year? Who bought those tags and the AZ tag?

Colorado tag price is down I think? Anyone know what it sold for last year? I wonder if the new season dates are the reason? Probably I guess....

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you
LIK
E
MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need
a friend....

>Colorado tag price is down I
>think? Anyone know what it
>sold for last year? I
>wonder if the new season
>dates are the reason? Probably
>I guess....
>
>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com
>Will you
>LIK
>E
MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need
>
>a friend....

When the Quality goes down so should the Price!

That doesn't mean it will though!

When most of the Governors Tag Holders Hunt right up until the End of their Season it should say something to the rest of the World/Hunters!

Anybody know who the 2 Bidders were that went/Bid to 1.4 Million?

I Hope that Money is used Wisely!

So you're telling me I can have 3 Henries tags, or one Islandtag...hhhmmmmm, tough choice lol.

2a0fcsk.gif

Is there a link that shows what the tags, even small items went for? I saw they even auctioned off a mule.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14 AT 10:22AM (MST)[p]Deerslayer, guys spend a ton, and get critisized for killing a deer/elk. Here two guys having fun bidding it up, but neither interested in the hunt so they re-donate it, and they still get critisized. WTH.

Deserybone, no list that I know of, but one of those bidding was Tom Mower. I think NV tag was 90, but can't remember for sure.

Yelum

They criticize Denny when he spends $300K (towards conservation) and kills an AI buck.... AND they criticize a guy who spends $1.4M and doesn't hunt, re-donates the tag to raise more money for conservation. Hilarious, contradictory, ridiculous.

I'm in the camp who believes (most of) those who criticize Denny are full of envy.

If half of the hate / judgement towards fellow hunters were directed toward PETA, Gabby Giffords & her husband, and others who are WORKING HARD to take hunting rights and guns away we'd be much better off.

My two cents.

LBR

I have no problem with Denny or anybody else who has the money buying tags to kill animals. More power to them if that's how they want to spend it.

For me, it doesn't matter if the deer/elk was a world record, I wouldn't be proud of harvesting an animal like that if I didn't put in the work to earn it. A "trophy", to me, is made by the meaning behind the animal. The scouting, the blood, sweat and tears, the preparation and anticipation. Paying somebody to do all of that for me would be no fun at all.

Pulling the trigger is the easiest part of the hunt. If it makes Denny, or anyone else, happy, so be it. Good for them and more power to them. In my mind, however, that's not hunting. It's killing. There's a big difference. The hunt is what makes the trophy.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

>They criticize Denny when he spends
>$300K (towards conservation) and kills
>an AI buck.... AND they
>criticize a guy who spends
>$1.4M and doesn't hunt, re-donates
>the tag to raise more
>money for conservation. Hilarious,
>contradictory, ridiculous.
>
>I'm in the camp who believes
>(most of) those who criticize
>Denny are full of envy.
>
>
>If half of the hate /
>judgement towards fellow hunters were
>directed toward PETA, Gabby Giffords
>& her husband, and others
>who are WORKING HARD to
>take hunting rights and guns
>away we'd be much better
>off.
>
>My two cents.
>
>LBR

I didn't know Gabby Giffords was working hard to take our hunting rights away.....?????? What has she or her husband done regarding that subject?

S.

>Why spend a million then redonate
>it? That is a dumb
>thing to do, go hunt
>geeze. Oh did I forget
>to mention that you can
>buy a lot of tags
>for that type of change
>without bidding lol.

Whoever that dude is ACTUALLY is funding conservation. You think there is a chance in hell that Denny(insert other deep pocket here) would donate money to conservation without getting something out of it.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

>They criticize Denny when he spends
>$300K (towards conservation) and kills
>an AI buck.... AND they
>criticize a guy who spends
>$1.4M and doesn't hunt, re-donates
>the tag to raise more
>money for conservation. Hilarious,
>contradictory, ridiculous.
>
>I'm in the camp who believes
>(most of) those who criticize
>Denny are full of envy.
>
>
>If half of the hate /
>judgement towards fellow hunters were
>directed toward PETA, Gabby Giffords
>& her husband, and others
>who are WORKING HARD to
>take hunting rights and guns
>away we'd be much better
>off.
>
>My two cents.
>
>LBR

Since SFW has "saved" the deer in utah we have lost over 150,000 deer hunters in Utah, and not one was because of Gabby Giffords, or PETA. Pretty funny how supporting a group is is very open about FEWER HUNTERS is somehow saving hunting.

YELUM, thanks for the info. Boy that sure was a succesful auction. Boy SFW sure does a nifty job. Boy with all that money spent I guess I can look forward to seeing thousands more deer next year.

THE REAL QUESTION, which of course won't be answered,

HOW MUCH WILL SFW INVEST IN ACTUAL WILDLIFE?? Not salaries, not "administrative costs", not lobbying, not PR.

And can we have a hard number, not "a large percentage".

(I hear a boatload of chirping crickets)

P.S. Can someone explain to me why the DWR can't do this directly? Why do they need a 3rd person to do this? Can't the DWR auction of tags themselves? Perhaps I don't understand, but what is it that SFW does selling tags that the DWR couldn't do without the skim SFW does? Is it the dinner that brings 1.4 million for a tag? Is the entertainment that special? Yeah I know there are booths and what not, but none of them make money for "wildlife", they are buisnesses selling stuff. What "supposedly" saves utah wildlife is the selling of tags, the state already owned them, why can't they sell them without giving away "a large percentage" of the money? I would like to see the DWR sell that AI tag and KEEP $305k, or $130k the elk brought. Back in the day Doug Miller had a sportsman show, we can all go check out the booths at something like that, but if the DWR "needs" to sell 200 tags to "save" wildlife, shouldn't they just do it?

FYI this is a hunting forum, if I think in my opinion someone is crazy for not taking the tag after paying for it so be it. I think you would be crazy to not take a hunt any hunt if given the opportunity and you have the time to do it. I was thinking maybe someone was there during the bidding and would actually be stand up and kosher, and explain the situation. But no even Yelum's turning into one of those that we all complain about.

'slayer88, a hunter wanting to do a Yukon moose/dall sheep combo hunt doesn't attend an auction and pay 1.4 million for it. If he only wants to hunt, he could call the outfitter of his choice at any time and buy the hunt for about 25,000. The 1.4 mil bid-up was an intentional act orchestrated by a guy wanting to make a large donation. May've had a few drinks in him too....lol

slayer, and no disrespect to you, but your statement pretty much explains the "you just envy so and so" argument. I hunt whenever i can, you hunt whenever you can. The expo is SUPPOSED to be about raising money for conservation. The 200+ welfare tags were handed out to raise money for conservation(and pad a bunch of pockets). The fact that you, and countless other guys can't understand why you would raise money, 1.4 donated back, shows that the expo isn't about raising money, its about getting primo tags without draws or waiting periods, in short its a big schlong contest. For all the hero worship Denny, or Farar, or whoever gets for shelling out money so they can be the alpha male, whoever this dude/chick is REALLY understands what the whole dog and pony show is SUPPOSED to be about. As a side note, are you not the cheapazz of the year if someone redonates 1.4 million dollar tag and you can only come up with 22k?(yeah, I know "only", but still).

As a side note #2, what does one drink to loosen up enough to dump 1.4 million? I need some of that!!! I can barely come up with the 16.99 it costs to get my keystone!!

Hossblur, I guess the reason that the DWR sends the tags to the expo to sell is the money that they bring. Same reason Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington, Nevada bring tags to the expo because that is were they can get the most money for their tags. Not selling them by themselves. I guess loosing 10% in some cases is better because they get more money at the expo. Not all tags sold at the expo have a 10% line to go to the organization.
No difference between the tags that are sold at the expo and the tags that are sold like at the RMEF banquets or convention or for that reason other groups like FNAWS, etc. It is all about the money. The DWR wants nothing to do with the hassle of setting up and trying to auction off the tags. They are not equipped to do so and do not want to. Not worth their time.

Deerlove, There is no money that goes to the groups for the sale of the Island tags. None. It all goes to the State Parks. None to the dwr except for the license sales.

Deerlove, are you freaking kidding me? Last I checked(this morning) the DWR has a site that sells tags. I put in for big game this morning. They also do advertising for the expo. You seriously want to sell that the state can auction(draw) thousands of tags, but can't handle 200? They don't because the political class controls what the division does. Are you gonna tell me that you have a PhD(like many in the division), but your so dumb you can't figure out 100% profit is better than 50-60(SFW keeps WAYYYYYYY more than 10%)? There is a reason SFW has a LOBBYING BUDGET, its not to lobby my local fishcop and we both know it. I agree, I don't like banquet tags either, we can stop that blood letting too. Again, and no one can answer it because FACTS HURT. If SFW/expo is such a great thing, why is our wildlife in such bad shape, specifically deer and moose? Elk were on the upswing long before SFW. They continually talk about saving the mule deer, yet the numbers are down since they started. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR THEIR MONEY? I know the spin by heart, but FACTS IS FACTS. Shouldn't, if SFW is so successful, shouldn't they pretty much put themselves out of buisness? Isn't the fact that they can still point to horrible deer numbers as a reason for more gov. cheese, also pointing out they are FAILED?

Hoss I was being sarcastic. lol If Peta put on the expo I'd still go for the chance of drawing a tag, at least I'd know where my $$$ went.

Hossblur, First of all it was not the DWR that put the 200 tags at the expo, it was the State Legislators. It was there to bring in people to Salt Lake to the Expo and boost the economy. That it has done. That was the reason for the 200 tags. It was set up to be a win win for the State as well as for hunters who received a second draw that they could be put in for. Hossblur you are really good at throwing our your opinion, but you have no idea how the system works and what really goes on. Maybe you should attend more rac and wlb meetings and find out how it works and what is going on. You may learn how things work and what is going on instead of throwing out and uneducated opinion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom