Out of order choices

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
People on another forum are debating what it means if your choices are out of order when you click the review applications link. Some are saying that if a lower choice is listed first, you drew that. Others say they automatically sort by first opening date. My second choice is listed first but they are all in order of opening date. Anyone else review their application and note order changes?

I'm not buying.

I applied for the same season dates and same weapon across the board. My hunt codes are sequential (lowest to highest)...but hunt choices are not (3,1,2).

If both my hunt codes and hunt choices would have been out of order....that might have made me a believer.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16 AT 05:31AM (MST)[p]Mine are also in numerical order of the actual hunt codes and if I remember correctly, that is how it has always been at this stage in the waiting game.

However, I would love to hear someone say theirs are not in numerical order because I would love to think I drew a tag. :)

when you review last years app,was there anything diffrerent compared to this year?did you right click to see if they were in a even or odd row?

My daughters are in 3,1,2,4 and mine are 1,2,3,4 not sure but the thread on bowsite is saying we drew and that people who have a 3,2,1,4,5 order will not draw. Can anyone confirm this

Ok, checked last year's (2015). On the first application page they are 3, 1, 2 with the green on top. But review they are 1, 2, 3. I drew 3.

This year (2016) on the putchase page review has them 1,2,3. But the review application page has them 2, 1, 3.

I really don't know but something is out of whack. Maybe applicants who drew lower than choices can tell now? Or not?

Mine are ordered by hunt dates. It means nothing other than the "order by" filter in the command to display the user's hunts is filtering on dates, not choice.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16 AT 07:00AM (MST)[p]Mine are not in hunt date order the way they are arrainged, neither are my daughters

They've been like this for a week , it means absolutely nothing at all. Look at draw hunt application, review each one, they are in order by hunt date if the dates are the same then numerical order. If yours is different put a screen shot.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16
>AT 07:00?AM (MST)

>
>Mine are not in hunt date
>order the way they are
>arrainged, neither are my daughters
>

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16 AT 07:57AM (MST)[p]It is sorted by date first. If two choices have the same date those are sorted by hunt code.

Sorry, I didn't read the last response.

Sounds to me like everybody is seeing something different. I just looked at my account and both the purchase page and review page they are listed in order by choice 1, 2, 3 & 4, for both my apps. My first choice elk hunt is not the lowest numerical number by hunt code either.

I also looked up my purchases from last year in which I drew my 3rd choice deer hunt, but on the review screen the hunts were listed in choice order, meaning the green successful was listed last.

I told myself not to get caught up in all the hooplah this year, but what the he'll.

Screen shot it and post it

>Sounds to me like everybody is
>seeing something different. I just
>looked at my account and
>both the purchase page and
>review page they are listed
>in order by choice 1,
>2, 3 & 4, for
>both my apps. My first
>choice elk hunt is not
>the lowest numerical number by
>hunt code either.
>
>I also looked up my purchases
>from last year in which
>I drew my 3rd choice
>deer hunt, but on the
>review screen the hunts were
>listed in choice order, meaning
>the green successful was listed
>last.
>
>I told myself not to get
>caught up in all the
>hooplah this year, but what
>the he'll.

3434screen1.jpg

6584screen2.jpg

Here is my daughters when I look at purchases they are in one order and when I got to review they are in a different order

Under the review screen aren't they just sorted by hunt date, first to last, then sorted by hunt code first to last. Pretty sure it means nothing.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]The my purchases screen is not relivant .They're in order my hunt date, that's what I was saying earlier. If the hunt dates are the same THEN numerical order.

>Forgot to mention last week the
>review was in the same
>order as the apps on
>file so 1,2,3,4 and now
>it is 3,1,2,4

The my purchases screen is not relivant .They're in order my hunt date, that's what I was saying earlier. If the hunt dates are the same THEN numerical order.

>Under the review screen aren't they
>just sorted by hunt date,
>first to last, then sorted
>by hunt code first to
>last. Pretty sure it means
>nothing.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-16 AT 08:25PM (MST)[p]I believe this was disproved last year and that the only true back door was the license refund/purchase check.

>
>The my purchases screen is not
>relivant .They're in order my
>hunt date, that's what I
>was saying earlier. If the
>hunt dates are the same
>THEN numerical order.
>

Negative. Mine are all still in order of choice. Hunt dates and hunt numbers aren't in play on mine at all.

Absolutely no way the out of order hunt codes indicate anything other than a random (by date, then hunt code)the NMDGF programmer chose. If it meant anything I would have drawn ibex, oryx, elk, and desert BH; my boy would have drawn oryx, 5B youth deer, and antelope; and my brother-in-law would have drawn one of the other desert BH tags. Absolutely no way that is happening.

You're right , it doesn't, we go through this every year hahaha. Well for the last 3 any way.

>Absolutely no way the out of
>order hunt codes indicate anything
>other than a random (by
>date, then hunt code)the NMDGF
>programmer chose. If it meant
>anything I would have drawn
>ibex, oryx, elk, and desert
>BH; my boy would have
>drawn oryx, 5B youth deer,
>and antelope; and my brother-in-law
>would have drawn one of
>the other desert BH tags.
>Absolutely no way that is
>happening.

What is the point of shuffling the choices then. It makes no sense to shuffle the choices around whatsoever, no other state does this that I am aware of.

Here is what I have observed. The order means nothing. This is how I think the sorting is set up on the system end:

Draw Hunt Applications Link: Orders it by hunt date only. If the hunt dates are the same on 2 or 3 of the choices, it's random on which one it puts first. There is no second criteria sorting. I think it just sorts it based on which one the system returns first from the query.

My Purchases: Puts them in choice order.

That's what I have seen, but could be wrong.

Travis

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-16 AT 08:56AM (MST)[p]you're exactly right. except it doesn't randomly order them it puts them in order by hunt code number. computer automatically does it before it shuffles applications

Here is what I have observed.
> The order means nothing.
> This is how I
>think the sorting is set
>up on the system end:
>
>
>Draw Hunt Applications Link: Orders
>it by hunt date only.
> If the hunt dates
>are the same on 2
>or 3 of the choices,
>it's random on which one
>it puts first. There
>is no second criteria sorting.
> I think it just
>sorts it based on which
>one the system returns first
>from the query.
>
>My Purchases: Puts them in
>choice order.
>
>That's what I have seen, but
>could be wrong.
>
>Travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom