Overstocked on AR"s

Cornhusker

Long Time Member
I was just in Cabelas today talking to the gun manager and he was showing me all the different AR's they had got in since the panic buying. They had a bunch from a company in Arizona, I think he said it was called POF that they wanted $3,100 for just the base model without anything added. They have over 200 total AR's in stock and have moved 1 in the last week.

So anybody think the price might come down? Anybody on here get into the panic buying mode and pay the outrageous prices they were asking everywhere even on here? .22LR shells are back down to what they were before and the shelves are full, maybe not everywhere but they have shelves full again.

Price for the AR's is back to normal in a lot of places,and they are in stock if you know where to look...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>I was just in Cabelas today
>talking to the gun manager
>and he was showing me
>all the different AR's they
>had got in since the
>panic buying. They had a
>bunch from a company in
>Arizona, I think he said
>it was called POF that
>they wanted $3,100 for just
>the base model without anything
>added. They have over
>200 total AR's in stock
>and have moved 1 in
>the last week.
>
>So anybody think the price might
>come down? Anybody on
>here get into the panic
>buying mode and pay the
>outrageous prices they were asking
>everywhere even on here? .22LR
>shells are back down to
>what they were before and
>the shelves are full, maybe
>not everywhere but they have
>shelves full again.

So Cornhusker?

Can you Bootleg me some 22LR's?

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Bunch in my area. Range from $800-3000. The low price one I looked at was DPMS and the company that got bushmaster famous, cant remember the name

POF have always been priced really high. They are one off custum AR's not a mass factory produced AR. I don't know where your finding a bunch of 22 LR, but I would like to know.

Prices are already coming down and like Corny said they're showing up in inventory all over. I was in Wally World yesterday buying a truck battery and they had 6 of them in stock. Prices ranged from $697.00 up to $14XX.00. No ammo for them on shelves. Sportsman's warehouse and Cabela's down here had AR's in inventory on Sunday. They did have ammo for them all the way up to 1000 round cases but price was high. All didn't have .22lr in stock.

Maybe I should have bought .22LR's I went into Scheels today in Lincoln and they said they still couldn't get them they had a shelf full at Kearney Cabelas. I'm headed south I'll see what they have at the KC Cabelas.

>.22LR shells are back down to
>what they were before and
>the shelves are full, maybe
>not everywhere but they have
>shelves full again.

In my area the shelves sure as hell aren't full. I took this picture at the local Walmart today. Sorry for the grainy picture.

742empty_shelves.jpg

I got a colt M-4 AR a few months ago at the local Wal-Mart here in SE Nebr. The price never really went up from what they were last summer. After I bought mine the price did go up about $60 .......to around $1100 plus a little. I watch the guns and prices all the time at wally world and they never did take a huge leap upwards in the price. And the local store seemed to get 3 or 4 different brand ARs every couple weeks. Sold them as quick as they got them. AS far as the ammo it seems like the shelves are still bare here in my neck of the Nebraska woods. However I was at Scheels in Lincoln yesterday and they are finally seeing some of their bare shelves starting to fill up. But .22 long rifle is still selling faster than anybody can seem to get it.

.22 ammo is easy to find here mainly at the tactical stores but you will pay 60-80 bucks for a 1000 rounds.

IF you hit Wal-Mart right at 8 at night{that's when the pallets unload from the trucks} you can get 3 boxes of 325 rounds for $10 a box

I have an AR that I just traded for and I'm looking to sell it. The guy I traded with ordered the parts from different companies but if you are interested in the gun pm me and I'll send you the info. It comes with 6ea 30 round mags and a red-dot tactical scope. Also the open sigths are upgraded.

The gun looks brand new. The guy was building guns as a part time business but moved and the new city wouldn't give him a permit so he was selling or trading his inventory.

I'd make you a pretty good deal on the gun.

cabelas has "ZERO" 22 ammo for sale online....it must all be at the store cornhusker goes to.....hmmmmm

The stores in the "Treasure Valley" area, Sportsmans, Cabelas, Bi Mart, The Outdoorsman, and the Black Sheep up north in Cour d'alene are getting ammo on a regular basis. They can't keep up with the demand for 22LR. Been picking up 50rd boxes of PMC 45acp ball for $22.00 for the past three months as I use it and have not had to dig into my reserve.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

Pawn shop in Bullhead city AZ had bricks of .22 for 79.95 yesterday. I just looked and walked.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I've had 2 boxes of the federal .22LR 525 packs on BO with Cabela's since December of 2012 and still can't get them filled!

They are getting in .22LR ammo but just not the Federal. Went in the other morning and they had about 20 boxes of Remington and some CCI but they are still limiting to one box per customer and those boxes were gone in about 20 minutes.

I don't know where all of those guys came from but 1 minute there were 20 boxes and when I walked by 20 minutes later they were gone!

I don't get it. Why is .22LR in such high demand right now! I got it 10 months ago, but why now???

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I asked the ammo guy at Cabelas the same question. He told me the shipment for his store of ammo comes in Tuesday morning around 8:00 which they put on the shelves. They limit to 2 boxes each customer, the same customers purchased their two boxes every week. Apparently they bring friends relatives whoever to purchase more boxes usually sold out in two hours. His opinion some guys are hoarding large quantities of 22 LR ammo. I'd be interested in production numbers but don't know how to find that information.

interesting....but that story is quite different than your original post..."shelves full"

That's what I like about you Zigger you live on this site to try to prove somebody wrong. I'm board I'll play. I left the house at 6:30 on my way to a clinic in Lincoln 90 miles to Kearney Cabelas which was on my way. Do the math I-80 75 miles an hour when do I reach Cabelas? On what day of the week is July 23rd?

It should be "bored"........

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom