Owens Valley Bishop unit

It is a great hunt opportunity and there are plenty of bulls in the area.

Bishop has campgrounds, motels, meat processors and guides.....if you need that stuff.

Access is easy, very little restricted areas, and the existing lease holders love to see you take an animal. There are only about 3 leases in the entire unit and unless you are close to a structure, there is no issue.

Bring a good spotting scope, find a high ridge and spend time looking. They are not hard to find at first light, but bed down by 8 am.

The biggest issue is finding a rack that has not been busted up by the 3rd period.

Quail/duck hunters are using the same areas, so that can sometimes mess up your stalk, but I wouldn't stress over that, just be aware that they are around.

Don't count on much "real" information from local DFG......they are in "guess" mode most of the time due to lack of personnel and big game funding.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

Thanks. Thats exactly the kinda info we needed.

We will do a trip over to check things out.

Sounds like a fun hunt if your not worried about score.

My wife doesn't care about score. We justtry and have fun hunts together.

Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom