Pahvant 430 Bull

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
What a Bull

Texted message....

Robb

IMG_3749.jpeg

Hell that's the 3rd different unit I've heard it was killed on lol. First I heard it was panguitch then I heard beaver and now the pahvant. Gotta love it

It’s gotta be fake news. Big bulls are a thing of the past.

But man, what a fake news bull that is! Amazing what getting out of drought conditions for just one year can do for some places.
Or... amazing what growth hormones in a pen will do. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, at least they took the blindfold off before posing it this time. WLH is top notch

If it's panguitch I'd be curious to know where. I hunt a lot of places in the unit and all have more growth since the fire than shown in that picture. Also, as mentioned above, that looks to be a more recent burn, but I'm definitely not an authority on the subject.

If it's panguitch I'd be curious to know where. I hunt a lot of places in the unit and all have more growth since the fire than shown in that picture. Also, as mentioned above, that looks to be a more recent burn, but I'm definitely not an authority on the subject.
I have noticed less regrowth on the west slope of the Panguitch Lake unit. I agree that it does not match the regrowth on the eastern side of the burn. I'd also be curious to know "where" because I have a permit for the early rifle hunt, but I won't hold my breath waiting to hear exactly where it was taken.

I have noticed less regrowth on the west slope of the Panguitch Lake unit. I agree that it does not match the regrowth on the eastern side of the burn. I'd also be curious to know "where" because I have a permit for the early rifle hunt, but I won't hold my breath waiting to hear exactly where it was taken.
Gun dog you’re in for a treat this year! Good luck

I have seen this listed as PLU, Pavant and Beaver. Awesome bull none the less. But alot of people blowing smoke and using mirrors to deflect.

Last edited:
Rumor has it that it came off of private on the west side of the unit.

Here’s the actual video from instagram. Just here-say but I’ve heard the chopper and occupants were located and identified. Supposedly it was guys that were originally identified in the WLH post but have since been removed.

That much I know has happened, WLH referenced carter_boys_hunting who still have the bull up on their instagram, but WLH has removed the tag and reference for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Great bull!! Since I am hunting Utah this year it gets my blood pumping!

Doesn’t matter what or where. People gotta be “sour grapes” when a big one (elk or deer) goes down. “Hear say” isn’t good enough to rain on someone’s parade. It’s a shame.

Last edited:
Great bull!! Since I am hunting Utah this year it gets my blood pumping!

Doesn’t matter what or where. People gotta be “sour grapes” when a big one (elk or deer) goes down. “Hear say” isn’t good enough to rain on someone’s parade. It’s a shame.

People in this state getting pretty sick of this crap. It's become a disease.

Feel free to explain how this is fair chase.

Utah has a problem with big time outfitters killing at all costs and it needs to get fixed!!!

@slamdunk - can you raise this in your committee since using helicopters definitely slots in the "technology gone too far" bucket? How do we reign in these jackwagons that do anything to kill, including helicopters, thermal imaging, spotlighting, breaking laws that already exist to limit "spotters", etc? The list goes on and on, and is a far bigger "fair chase" issue in my mind then the scopes on muzzleloaders and other issues we have beat to death already on this site.

Why is Utah always like this?

I think you could do a PHD dissertation on that.

Whether it's selling off public land, or whatever goes "hunting" this is a Utah trademark.

Myself and others have spent a lot of thinking on how to stop this. Rules committees don't take into account the lengths some will go, so they are always years behind and with $fw, the corporate hunting lobby group, always in control of the WB, getting a handle on it won't come from there.

THE DON, with his tentacles in the Capitol make legislature action tough, plus none of us are too wild about going this route.

I think one of the things we can do, is go after the clients and customers. There's no secret what's going on, and who is doing it. If your hiring them, you can't plead innocence. Public shame works.

Next. I think outfitting licenses need to be stripped from DOPL. That's a buisness licensing agency. Outfitter licenses should be controlled by DWR, and should be up for review yearly or bi yearly.

Next, and this one would solve the majority, outfitting on public land should be banned. If private wants this chit show, they can have it. But as long as there are half million dollar plus bounties for animals on public, there will be never ending schemes to collect it.

Finally. Boone and Crocket, Pope and Young need to step up. As the tech has advanced, fair chase needs to be addressed. I'd also like to see bans on animals entered if they are taken with outfitters who have charges against them.

In short we are going to have to wrap our heads around the fact that "we are all in this together". WE, aren't. The sooner WE figure out that a small, vocal, deep pocketed minority and their lobby group aren't part of WE, the better it will go.

WE should never have to be associated with choppers, thermals, semi loads of bait, 1000's of cams, finders fees, etc.

Or. WE can sit back, sell off our heritage and birthright to the corporate class, and yap about the golden age.

But yeah, Utah is beyond a joke

Utah has a problem with big time outfitters killing at all costs and it needs to get fixed!!!

@slamdunk - can you raise this in your committee since using helicopters definitely slots in the "technology gone too far" bucket? How do we reign in these jackwagons that do anything to kill, including helicopters, thermal imaging, spotlighting, breaking laws that already exist to limit "spotters", etc? The list goes on and on, and is a far bigger "fair chase" issue in my mind then the scopes on muzzleloaders and other issues we have beat to death already on this site.
Screenshot_20230910_094030_Chrome.jpg

Well since it's already a law, it's now in law enforcement hands.

Whether it's selling off public land, or whatever goes "hunting" this is a Utah trademark.

Myself and others have spent a lot of thinking on how to stop this. Rules committees don't take into account the lengths some will go, so they are always years behind and with $fw, the corporate hunting lobby group, always in control of the WB, getting a handle on it won't come from there.

THE DON, with his tentacles in the Capitol make legislature action tough, plus none of us are too wild about going this route.

I think one of the things we can do, is go after the clients and customers. There's no secret what's going on, and who is doing it. If your hiring them, you can't plead innocence. Public shame works.

Next. I think outfitting licenses need to be stripped from DOPL. That's a buisness licensing agency. Outfitter licenses should be controlled by DWR, and should be up for review yearly or bi yearly.

Next, and this one would solve the majority, outfitting on public land should be banned. If private wants this chit show, they can have it. But as long as there are half million dollar plus bounties for animals on public, there will be never ending schemes to collect it.

Finally. Boone and Crocket, Pope and Young need to step up. As the tech has advanced, fair chase needs to be addressed. I'd also like to see bans on animals entered if they are taken with outfitters who have charges against them.

In short we are going to have to wrap our heads around the fact that "we are all in this together". WE, aren't. The sooner WE figure out that a small, vocal, deep pocketed minority and their lobby group aren't part of WE, the better it will go.

WE should never have to be associated with choppers, thermals, semi loads of bait, 1000's of cams, finders fees, etc.

Or. WE can sit back, sell off our heritage and birthright to the corporate class, and yap about the golden age.

A lot of great points in this....

I'm sure they'd just claim they are transporting clients and equipment... any animal they see and later harvest is purely coincidental...

Last edited:

I think selling hundreds of tags to the highest bidder also contributes to the problem.

Why in any circumstance would the DOPL not Suspend WLHs Outfitting License (or anyone who is under investigation) or charged with any wildlife violations......until all the charges are litigated in court. Why will they not suspend? Im not saying revoke unless found guilty. Just stop them from Guiding and Outfitting until its resolved. These clowns act like they are royalty. Just like todays Dems - No reason to hide anything. Why should they? Nothing will happen and they know it. Unreal how the WB and DOPL and SFW protects their own. Guess it pays to be corrupt. Unreal~

Why in any circumstance would the DOPL not Suspend WLHs Outfitting License (or anyone who is under investigation) or charged with any wildlife violations......until all the charges are litigated in court. Why will they not suspend? Im not saying revoke unless found guilty. Just stop them from Guiding and Outfitting until its resolved. These clowns act like they are royalty. Just like todays Dems - No reason to hide anything. Why should they? Nothing will happen and they know it. Unreal how the WB and DOPL and SFW protects their own. Guess it pays to be corrupt. Unreal~

Imagine the massive black eye that would go to the auction tag industry if
one or both of the gov tags resulted in criminal charges.
The world that guys that own choppers and spend half a million for a deer for, also means a world where there are lawyers and lawsuits.

But DOPL is a useless entity. You could pull Wades license tomorrow, and by noon his wife or son, or grandkids would be licensed. Probably shock folks how many contractors or subcontractors aren't the license holders, it would be no different here.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom