Pahvant Muzz Bull Tag

BGHUNTER00

Hello. My brother was one of the lucky NR to draw this tag (random). We've never been to UT and have no idea what the unit looks like, but we're really excited to have the opportunity to visit. I plan to scour the hunting regs, but wanted to ask some of you residents a couple questions.

Are there any small game opportunities during the muzz season (Sept 23-Oct 4)? My father, who is 70 years old, will be coming along and I wondered if there might be anything for him to hunt while he wandered around camp.

What might we expect for weather?

What is the nearest city with services should we need something?

Any regulations regarding setting up a base camp?

Is there something close that we should take time out of our trip to go visit?

We'll take any other tips you might have, so excited to visit UT! Thank you

Troy

Bring the shotgun, most years there are plenty of grouse to hunt. Weather is perfect, usually 60?s daytime and low 40?s at night. Majority of the time, the muzz hunt stays fairly dry but I think about 3 of the past 4 years it snowed so who knows?
Towns with services are Richfield on the east and Fillmore to the west.
Awesome tag, you'll have the time of your life there and the bulls can light that mountain up all through September. Good luck.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. Redline, I'll take you up on that. I've been looking over several maps and have some questions, but didn't want to ask too many questions about specific areas. Thanks again.

Congrats to your Bro. It sounds like you are planning to make it an awesome family trip.
The country is diverse from high mountains to low cedar covered hills. Bulls could be anywhere.
You can pretty much camp anywhere on public ground, if you are not looking for and organized campground, so finding a spot shouldn't be that hard. The unit is big and you will probably want to get as central to where you want to hunt as possible to save drive time.
Depending on how far away you live, I'd suggest you get out for some scouting before the hunt. The elk will be stirred up from the archery and rifle seasons before yours, but bulls will still be hot during your hunt.
Utah has lots to see and do, besides elk!
Welcome!

Hey guys,

Just back from a long drive (Utah to Indiana) and I just wanted to thank everyone that provided some tips for my brothers hunt, we really appreciate it. I want to especially thank HNTNFSH (Dan). Dan, a man we never met before, offered to meet us on the mountain and show us around! We shared camp for two days and made a friend for life. What incredible generosity he showed for a couple strangers, we are certainly indebted, thanks again buddy!

12038img6355.jpg

Unfortunately he couldn't stay for the hunt, but his knowledge of the area was priceless information for us.

45307img6413.jpg

He wasn't the biggest bull on the mountain, but it was a special hunt. 35 yard shot and a relatively short and flat pack out!

Thanks again!

Congrats to you and Kudos to HNTNFSH.
There are plenty of Knuckleheads on this forum who sometimes make it hard to stomach.
But there are also lots of great guys like HNTNFSH who are willing to help out fellow hunters.

I'm glad you found help and success.

Nice Job & Thanks for HNTNFISH for Helping you!

Love the Tent with the Flag!

Looked like Tent Weather as Well?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

That is one fine Bull.
Hats off to Dan for helping you guys.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Great story, it's always nice to hear about people helping people. Glad you had a good experience in Utah and congrats on the bull!

Glad you guys got home safe and I must say this was one of the best times I have ever had on the mountain. You and your family made me feel like family. These were super awesome guys from Indiana and I wish I could have stayed longer, certainly people I would share a camp with anytime, anywhere, a new friendship and a hunt I won't ever forget, thanks guys for the kind words
HNTNFSH

Congrats on a fine bull and sounds like an even finer hunting trip and experience.
There are still lots of good people like HNTNFSH around but unfortunately seems like the surly ones get most of the attention nowadays.
Fantastic job to all of you!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom