Painting my bow?

huntn30inchers

I recently got a hoyt v-tech in the safari color, because I dont like how dark the camo is. But I am starting to think that I dont like how solid the color on my bow is. I am thinking about painting it a little to break it up and was wondering if anyone had any advise or other ways to break it up. And this is only used as a hunting bow and it doesnt need to be pretty, it just needs to work. Any input would be appreciated.

huntn30,

I actually did the same thing on my PSE last year. I personally tried to mimic the predator pattern a few greens and browns with thick black tree branch looking lines. Hope that helps.

Utbowhntr223
"LIVIN TO HUNT & HUNTING TO LIVE"

I have seen guys with all sorts of things on there bows ive seen people with camo shirts that are ripped up and wrapped around there bows and glued on but that is okie but painting it will work but it will peel off sooner or later because it will not stick very well on the surface of the camo stuff on the bow but it should last for a good 2 years or maybe 3.

I saw an article in one of the magazines that will film dip it just about any camo color you like. It wasn't cheap but its the same process they use to do most bows from the factory. Sorry I don't remember who does it. Maybe some one on here will know??

You could just make some stencils of hoof prints and leaves or something like that and go to town with a few camo colors. Back in the old days we'd just get some camo no-mar tape and tape up the entire bow.

Just a few options. If you do paint it make sure you do it early enough in the season so the paint won't still stink by the time you go hunting.

Check out camoclad they make a kit that will cover bows in quite a few different camo paterns. Just an idea.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom