Party application?

ihuntelk

Looked at the rules booklet and I'm still confused.
My buddy and I are looking at applying as a party. I have a couple more points than him. Do they round up, round down, take the lowest individual point # and assign it to the group??????

Last year there was only 1 guaranteed NR (regular permit) tag for the Muzzleloader hunt. Will we be thrown out before they even draw since there was only 1 tag, or do they make exceptions and give us 2?

If there are no 'Bonus' permits for the last 3 or 4 years, how do they determine when/if a Bonus permit will be available for that particular hunt? Based on the last few years, I should draw if there were a Bonus permit but I haven't seen any for this hunt and might change strategy to a unit I can be 'guaranteed' to draw.
Thanks for the help.

-Cade

If there is only one tag for the unit and you apply as a group you are wasting your money. It is an all or nothing for groups and if there aren't enough tags for the entire group, nobody get them. (Assuming you had the points to draw.)

It has always been my understanding that they round down. So if you had 7 and your buddy had 4 it would look like this: (7+4)/2=5 points for the group. And as I understand it there has to be at least 50% of the tags allocated for the regular draw, so there would need to be at least 2 tags for 1 of them to be considered for bonus points.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Round up LMFAO!

hornkiller.jpg

Cade, by your last response I get the feeeling your still not understanding Bonus Permits.

If there are 2 NR tags in a unit, 1 tag goes into the Bonus permit draw and 1 permit goes into the General permit draw.

The "Bonus Permit" is drawn from the apps with the most preference points.

Then the other tag is drawn from all remaining applicants.

Example:

3 PP's---- 12 apps
2 PP's---- 28 apps
1 PP --- 65 apps
0 PP's --- 214 apps

2 permits available

1 permit will be a bonus permit.
That permit will be drawn by one of the 12 - 3 pp applicants.

The other permit will be drawn by the rest of applicate left including the remaining 11 3pp apps.

So, if your not a top PP holder , there must be atleast 2 non-bonus permit available.

I would suggest that you apply where there are 6 or more tags after the bonus draw. In this case that would mean that there are atleast 11 or 12 nr tags available for the draw.

Good luck, hope that helps. nocwalker

Thanks for the extra info and it does help. I've got a pretty good idea of how the Bonus permits work, just not as they relate to NR party apps. Each state is a little different and I wasn't sure on Utah's regs. Makes it hard, and pointless, to apply as a party for a hunt when there's only 1 NR tag. Just making sure I wasn't throwing my time after something that isn't even a possibility.
Thanks again,
-Cade

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom