"Pathfinder" handicap hunt

fishnut

my Son, Bridger, has a rather serious health condition and has been offered the Pathfinder hunt in Wyoming by the St. George Utah SCI chapter.The kids get to hunt Antelope, Elk, and Deer and from what I understand, is in a very good area for all three. My question is, does anyone know what the area hunt # is? I'd like to start doing some research on my own even though We will have great help from the SCI members who have generously offered their time and talents.
A few years back, he was given an Arizona hunt through "Hunt of a Lifetime". It was an awesome experience but We never did find him a big bull elk. He was in better health back then and now He is very limited, mobility wise, and shakes very bad now days. I'm hoping We have a side by side We can borrow, from a Buddy, to get around in. I hope this is feasible in the hunt area.
Any info would be very helpful and appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON May-08-13 AT 00:52AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-08-13 AT 00:47?AM (MST)

fishnut, I'm wondering if this hunt is by Pathfinder Reservoir and/or is with Pathfinder Outfitters located near it's shores. If so, Deer #87, lope, #63, not sure of the Elk unit. Your Son should be in good hands and on a great hunt.

The public ground around Pathfinder ranch is not a bad hunt but they hold back some of their close in Private land and it always holds lots of animals including some very respectable elk. I stopped in one day a few years ago while they were caping out 4 Elk heads and the smallest was a 320 class of bull with the biggest a knarly old bull around 360. They got all 4 of those bulls, the only 4 tags they had, in a couple days.

Antelope are more than abundant though a super trophy might be tough.

Muleys too, like the greened up ranch lands and we counted dozens while cruising thru their property near the ranch house but they were off limits to us. Many say the units Muley hunting has gone down some but there is certainly great potential, especially with the full set of keys to the Ranch.

If that's the place and with those guys, i'd be very/most excited about possibility of getting a respectable lope and muley with a good possibility of one of those big Bull Elk.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Hey Fishnut... I don't have any info on the area, but I'd simply like to ask you to share Bridger's hunt with us all, hopefully through the "Hunt Adventure Challenge" thread... If you don't feel comfortable doing that, we will all understand, but as someone who takes more joy in seeing others' success, I would love to see how things turn out for you guys on this hunt..!! :) :) :)

Good luck, and happy hunting...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Wow, thanks Taxi, that is very kind. Also thanks to others for the info and offers in PMs. There are some great people on this site!
I may try and share the hunt as We get to that point. I'll see how Bridger feels about it.

I hunted much of that area last fall - and on part of the Pathfinder. As Joey says they allow public hunting on part of their property but the hayfields near the ranch are off limits to everyone but their guided hunters. (I don't blame them and its nice that they allow the public on the rest). If he can hunt on all of the ranch property he'll have an excellent chance at a good Deer, Antelope, and Elk - from the Side by Side. That area is very limited quota for deer and Elk and while its not what it used to be for Antelope its still pretty good. Best wishes on an outstanding hunt !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom