Paying Attention!

sjhgraysage

Very Active Member
This hunting season while hunting deer and elk, I started experiencing an odd burning pain in the middle of my chest. I have not had issue with acid reflux or heartburn. But both of my parents have had open heart surgery and multiple coronary bypasses. Dad is 87 and has 15 stents in the bypasses he had done 26 years ago.
So at 58 years old I decided I had better pay attention to what I would consider ?warning signs?. When I got home in early November from elk hunting I called my doctor and scheduled a visit. He checked me out and had a basic EKG done in the office, that didn't show anything unusual. But given my family history he suggested a treadmill stress test be done. So on Nov. 30th I went in for the stress test. Right after starting the test I had that strange burning pain in the middle of my chest. The test didn't go on for long before the technician told me she was going to stop it. During a follow up visit with a cardiologist that morning, he told me that I likely had a blockage in one of my coronary arteries and that I should have a procedure done, a heart cath, to find it and fix it. On Dec. 9 I checked in for that. They found my Left main ? Left anterior descending artery 99% blocked and had to put a stent in there to open it. They came out and told my wife at the end of the procedure that I was 99% blocked in the ?widow maker artery? and that it was very lucky that we had come in and gotten it taken care of.

Moral of the story to you my MM friends is to pay attention to what your body is trying to tell you and avoid, if possible, a life ending heart attack. Be proactive, don't become a statistic.

I'm looking forward to being able to be in the outdoors doing what I love with the people I love for more years to come. I hope you are as well.

I couldn't agree more. With all the technology available today and as efficient as the medical community is at checking and rechecking, if we'll pay attention, they can keep us lively for many years beyond our natural condition.

Congrats on listening to yourself!!!

DC

Sage words for us all ! I hope you get to enjoy many more years of hunting and the Outdoors. Let is know how you are.
DM

Glad you're OK graysage!

You're a Good Man!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

264mag,
There maybe a test for blockage, but as of today I have not been told about it.
The treadmill mill stress test was what was recommended for me.
They are able to do some amazing things these days!

WOW SCOTT !!!!......I AM ELATED THAT YOU LISTENED TO YOUR BODY & GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A GOOD OUTCOME. I DO THE TREADMILL MYSELF IN JANUARY. GLAD ALL WENT WELL.

STILL LOOKING TO ASSIST YOU ON THAT 201 ELK HUNT, I WILL BRING BINOS, FOOD & QUAD. THAT IS GOING TO BE A HUNT OF A LIFETIME.!!!!!!!

GLAD YOUR WELL,......MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY............YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom