People like Mike Lee are the problem with public land management

Oneye

A couple good, local reminders as to why Mike Lee has zero ground to stand on when complaining about public land management of federal lands. The Great American Outdoors act passed congress, was supported by groups like RMEF and Mule Deer foundation, NWTF, and others. Mike Lee voted against the Great American Outdoors Act. Mike Lee voted against any meaningful or useful funding to manage our BLM and Forest Service lands and roads, and then complains when the agencies can’t adequately do their jobs. It’s easy to point out a problem, you yourself have created. Mike Lee is an enemy of public lands, an enemy on outdoorsman, and an enemy of wildlife and wild places. In November we have the opportunity to fix that by voting for alternatives.

Here are two local projects completed within the last few weeks that were funded by the Great American Outdoors Act throughout Fishlake National Forest. New restrooms, and the maintenance of a popular Forest Service road.The money for these projects benefited local people who want to recreate, as well as local businesses and workers who completed the projects. If you want to know why your public lands aren’t maintained? Look no further than people in congress like Mike Lee who vote against the proper management of our public lands.
1B1E10BA-92A6-422E-87CB-F3049DB41ADA.jpeg
3533E0AE-66BD-4742-9A39-F491C5C28868.jpeg

Do you agree with giving someone a check without them proving they will do the job and do the job properly.
This is really a statement that makes little sense here. I love these areas. I visit a lot of these areas every few months of my life. Mike Lee voted against any legislation that is good for public lands, wildlife, wild places, and recreation. The Great American Outdoors Act was promoted and endorsed by nearly all Sportsman organizations in the country. He voted against it. These are real public land efforts in our back yards. Real improvements. Real maintenance of public lands in our backyards. Real dollars going into local businesses and peoples pockets, and Mike Lee voted against it, like he always does. Then he’ll go cry about federal land management to the mic while never telling you he’s the one with the keys to fix it, not the local forest ranger, and he’ll vote to further backlog and break it every chance he gets. I’ll say in no uncertain terms. I’ll vote for Evan McMullin in November, because Mike Lee is nothing but a career politician, and lying partisan hack. He creates the very public land issues he whines about. He voted against every bill to improve management of them because the truth is, he wants public frustration, because he’d rather sale them, which is also proven by a bill he introduced to do just that and develop them.

The Great American Outdoors Act was good legislation that we are now seeing the benefits of in our local communities and within our local businesses. Mike Lee voted against it, and there’s no two ways about it. That legislation is benefiting public lands beyond Fishlake National Forest throughout the state btw. This is just 2 of many projects across the state a Senator like Mike Lee ensures remain broken and not maintained on our public lands so he can whine about them for political purposes later.

Btw, this was signed into law by Donald Trump so kudos to him. Mike Lee voted against it. Because he doesn’t care about clean air, water, wildlife, or any of what we love to do as a passion. He cares about his political extreme winds and whatever the pamphlet of his political party tells him to think.

Here’s how this act has benefitted the state in a more broad outlook than 2 anecdotal local projects I thought I’d share. Want your public lands managed better? Stop voting for lying political hacks like Mike Lee who tell you management is broken when he’s laughing at you behind your back because he’s the one breaking it.

It is only good legislation as long as it is used for good projects.
There is alot of climate alarmists looking for any all funds they get there hands on.

I appreciate your opinion Oneye. I gotta say, I look at that picture comparing the quality of that road... and all I think about is that soon enough, they'll double the number of campsites up there, then double again... then charge $30 per night, then $42... then they pave the road. Then it all doubles again.

I miss camping in the 80s and 90s, and wish I could have experienced it like my dad did before that. Wild places. Dont know who to vote for to keep things wild.

Do you agree with giving someone a check without them proving they will do the job and do the job properly.
Seems odd that folks like Lee will try and smack the fs/blm for not maintaining our public land, all the while doing everything in their power to defund them.

Especially from our state, that profits so much from having those public lands

I appreciate your opinion Oneye. I gotta say, I look at that picture comparing the quality of that road... and all I think about is that soon enough, they'll double the number of campsites up there, then double again... then charge $30 per night, then $42... then they pave the road. Then it all doubles again.

I miss camping in the 80s and 90s, and wish I could have experienced it like my dad did before that. Wild places. Dont know who to vote for to keep things wild.

That is the flip side of great public lands, everyone wants to use them.

Imagine all that acreage filled with townhouses, duplexes, and strip malls

If we can get them two yo-yos flushed down the toilet where they belong and start working on a whole bunch of others in Washington and at the state level it sure would make our country and state better

I can assure you its not most of the people in political power currently in the state, many of which have lots of real estate ties. Lee specifically constantly contends the feds don't manage or maintain our public lands well. There's no better example of hypocrisy than voting against this bill and then whining about management. He couldn't make it more clear that he doesn't care about management of public lands, he cares about forwarding his narrative to transfer and then sell them for development. PS, if Mike Lee got his way, you've seen the fees to hunt on CWMU's right? A lot more of your favorite hunting and fishing holes would have no trespassing signs up on them if he had anything to do with it. I can just assure Utahn's if you want to keep wild places wild......you're probably going to have to at least vote for different people who currently hold the keys and scream development, development, development at the top of their lungs day in and day out.

There’s 8-10 faces in this picture with these two clowns, and all of them need to be voted out.

View attachment 84314
I'll say this, Mitt has at least introduced a bill to fix fire borrowing which depletes the Forest Service and BLM's budget every year, which is a huge problem. Fire fighting money ends up coming from all sorts of places in the two agencies budgets and just seems to get worse year in and year out. It's a big problem that also needs to be addressed. They use such a giant portion of their budget on fighting fires, they have little for anything else. I don't remember, but it seems like they may have put a temporary fix on this issue, but I'm not recalling exactly what was done.

Last edited:
That is the flip side of great public lands, everyone wants to use them.

Imagine all that acreage filled with townhouses, duplexes, and strip malls
Imagine it as just private property you're not allowed to camp on or use at all.

I can assure you its not most of the people in political power currently in the state, many of which have lots of real estate ties. Lee specifically constantly contends the feds don't manage or maintain our public lands well. There's no better example of hypocrisy than voting against this bill and then whining about management. He couldn't make it more clear that he doesn't care about management of public lands, he cares about forwarding his narrative to transfer and then sell them for development. PS, if Mike Lee got his way, you've seen the fees to hunt on CWMU's right? A lot more of your favorite hunting and fishing holes would have no trespassing signs up on them if he had anything to do with it. I can just assure Utahn's if you want to keep wild places wild......you're probably going to have to at least vote for different people who currently hold the keys and scream development, development, development at the top of their lungs day in and day out.

There's guys in state leadership who do already own CWMU. So this isn't just a theory

Mike Lee, like most Utah conservative politicians, want to make public land management look bad because it promotes their grand scheme of transferring it all to the state so they can sell it, develop it and tax it for the benefit of each other. Sportsmen do not fit into that model and they don't want you to.

Seems odd that folks like Lee will try and smack the fs/blm for not maintaining our public land, all the while doing everything in their power to defund them.

Especially from our state, that profits so much from having those public lands
Simple. Lee doesn't care about management, he would prefer federal land management was broken. If it's not he has no argument to transfer and sell them. A big problem is, congress is full of bad actors like Lee, who use their position to forward their own agenda, not fix problems, create solutions, or make things better. Lee wants public lands transferred and sold, why on earth would he ever work on better management for them and undercut his own argument? (I can see you already know all this just saying)

Mike Lee, like most Utah conservative politicians, want to make public land management look bad because it promotes their grand scheme of transferring it all to the state so they can sell it, develop it and tax it for the benefit of each other. Sportsmen do not fit into that model and they don't want you to.

Between UT's politicians or liberal democrats, it's difficult to tell the difference.

Between UT's politicians or liberal democrats, it's difficult to tell the difference.
Luckily Utah has an Independent running against Mike Lee, but can people truly break their party ties ground into their minds that they must vote for one or the other? We shall see. The truth is if more of the country(or even just Utah) could show that they’d vote for an Independent…..I can’t tell you how much that would scare the hell out of both major parties. They’re both happy, because they both know their power is entrenched. Americans biggest problem is they’ve let their choice for elected officials come down to a binary one, that results in 2 terrible candidates you chose the lesser of the two evils. Stop voting for that and start voting against both of them. We’ve allowed middle ground to become evil….and it’s just not. It’s usually where reason is.

Last edited:
Luckily Utah has an Independent running against Mike Lee, but can people truly break their party ties ground into their minds that they must vote for one or the other? We shall see. The truth is if more of the country(or even just Utah) could show that they’d vote for an Independent…..I can’t tell you how much that would scare the hell out of both major parties. They’re both happy, because they both know their power is entrenched. Americans biggest problem is they’ve let their choice for elected officials come down to a binary one, that results in 2 terrible candidates you chose the lesser of the two evils. Stop voting for that and start voting against both of them. We’ve allowed middle ground to become evil….and it’s just not. It’s usually where reason is.

Not as cut and dry as that. It's a matter of deciding the lesser of two evils. Most people know the most evil will be elected anyway if throw in with the Independent, causing them to vote with a majority to keep that most evil out.

With Biden as president why doesn't he sign a $1 trillion increase to the FS and BLM budget? We're the richest nation on earth and he could call it the Expanded Inflation Reduction Act. The Democrats are in power so now is the time.

Not as cut and dry as that. It's a matter of deciding the lesser of two evils. Most people know the most evil will be elected anyway if throw in with the Independent, causing them to vote with a majority to keep that most evil out.
And yet this is the reason why it has become so broken. As for Utah’s Senate race specifically. It’s just Lee and McMullin, with no Democrat running.

Last edited:
With Biden as president why doesn't he sign a $1 trillion increase to the FS and BLM budget? We're the richest nation on earth and he could call it the Expanded Inflation Reduction Act. The Democrats are in power so now is the time.
Why can’t Mike Lee just vote yes on reasonable legislation? As I mentioned above this passed under the Trump Administration, was bi-partisan and he still voted no. He wants public lands management broken.

Why can’t Mike Lee just vote yes on reasonable legislation? As I mentioned above this passed under the Trump Administration, was bi-partisan and he still voted no. He wants public lands management broken.
You have LDS....lol

Btw, several new culverts were also placed on roadways in these areas as well, funded by the same act and grants. Public land improvements, local jobs, a benefitted public. Mike Lee says no though, he’s rather none of that happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom