Phone companies

Zigga

Long Time Member
Who else is getting robbed by these idiots. I haven't found a trustworthy company yet. Any stories?

Do you mean cell phone companies or landline? I used to work for the phone company here. They also provided cellular coverage, internet and satellite TV. They're IT around here in the Basin for landline and DSL services too, BTW. They're actually a pretty good company despite some billing problems from time to time. I didin't care for the upper management mess and the office politics or any of that crap, but those guys who work out in the field, the installers, techs, construction crew guys...etc, those are some hard working guys who do an awesome job and really care about customers and they get things done. They do the best they can with what and how many they're given, anyway.

What kinds of probs are you having, Zigga? Let's hear about your perfect phone company D13er.

I mean both. The summer of 1999 my wife went to the Philippines for two years and before she left we called around and AT&T gave us the best quote of $.25 per minute. I was getting billed for $2.56 per minute. My phone bill was several hundred dollars to almost $2,000. I filed a complaint with the FCC and ended up not paying for that.

We recently switched to Vonage and they kept trying to sell me a second line when I made it crystal clear that I don't have any use for a second line. After cancelling it the first time they sent me an email saying that I now have a second line again. I called them back cancelling the second line again and then they billed me $39.99 for a cancellation fee. Let me rephrase that...THEY BILLED ME FOR CANCELLING A LINE THAT I NEVER ORDERED!!! My original landline company still hasn't cancelled my phone line so I am currently paying for two friggin landlines. Now that's good business huh???

Now onto my cell phone. I have my Verizon bill paid automatically and have noticed that it is always around $14 more per month than the plan I subscribed to. I went into the Verizon store to ask a different question and ran my billing question by them and they said to dial *611 because they couldn't help me. I was on the phone with some wench and she said that I purchased the "Premium Text Messaging Plan". I don't text message anyone, never have and don't know how to. I said that I didn't order it and that I want my money back. She said that a third party by the name of Dada com is billing me and not them so they can't do anything about it. I asked her why my bill is getting paid to them and she put me on hold. I have spent several hours the last two weeks getting this crap straightened out and still haven't succeeded.

That sounds like a nightmare! Vonage is infamous for crappy customer service and when you go through a local vendors who just sell you Verizon's service, but can't help you with any of your billing questions..that is even worse. Nothing more welcoming and comforting than that 1800 number they give you to call, huh? Even with local companies like the one I worked for though, problems like this still occur. What would seem like a really simple solution, such as TAKE THIS CHARGE OFF A CUSTOMER'S ACCOUNT, sometimes has to go through 50 different people and takes months to get resolved. I have no idea why.

Good luck w/all your stuff. I'm sure you're way beyond frustrated at this point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom