Picture frames

zekers

Very Active Member
I am looking for some picture frames that say "my first antler" or something of that nature for my son. I can't find anything online, and was wondering if you guys know who might sell them. Any ideas?

Get some old barn wood and a wood burning kit and burn the words into the wood. Make your owne frames. fatrooster.

Here are some other ideas for you. I make these in sizes from 3x5 up to 8x10 from little 2+3 pts up to maybe 150" 4x4 's for the 8x10. I made this frame (for a way bigger print a friend drew) but the idea would still look good for an outdoor type picture.

Just burn in your phrase of choice before doing the work of fitting the miters so if you screw it up (mis-spell your child's name??) you are out pretty much nothing but a pice of aspen firewood. Doing the print first would also allow you to easily center it between miters.

If you want me to do it let me know and I'll shoot you a quote, you'll save a few bucks by supplying the horns and it will be more meaningful to you, but double shipping would eat your savings.

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01890.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

picframe.jpg

the pic goes in the burr and then a back goes on to keep the pic in. It is small but unique

Hey Squirrel, I always like looking at your pictures of deer and your horn collection! BTW, I have a pretty flexible work schedule so if you name a place and time to go shed hunting, I will be there...just sayin.

I think it would be really cool if you got a picture of a deer, like in the picture frames above, and then find the sheds off the same deer and display them together.

Maybe you already do, if you do, could you post a couple so I can check them out?

Those are great ideas. I'm going to get a wood burner and try my hand at some ideas. If I hack up too many antlers, I'll get you to make me a frame Squirrel.
Raider guy, that is very unique and cool idea you have there. I'd buy a dozen of them if you weren't a Raider lover!;-)

ditchparrot- that would be a really cool display but to drill into a 190+ set would make me cringe, and to use smaller antlers with a small deer wouldn't be as impressive. 190+ sets are few and far between.

buckmaster I'm assuming your question is addressed to me, the antlers are screwed together and the frame is hung from them.

I wouldn't dream of drilling or screwing into a big horn either. I think tieing them together with a piece of leather, like a shoe lace, or something like that would be cool. I hang some of my single horns from a nail in the wall, by the burr using a leather string or a coarse string. just an idea..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom