Pigs

you can't use bait for anything in california.....and it is illegal to feed any big game animal for any reason.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Suuure you can. What yaa got to do is get 50lbs of cracked corn. Then you buy 8 40 ouncers of the cheapest malt liquor. I like Old English 800. You soak the grain in the booze overnight.Than when you have the pigs located you put all the boozed up corn in a pile. When the pigs eat it they get all happy and fall asleep right there. That's when the hunting comes into play. You walk up to the sleeping boozed up pigs and stab them to death so there is no noise, except for the sqeals of the dying pigs. Simple and effective. Be safe and happy hunting.

I use acres and acres of broccoli for bait. The cool thing is that they only come into the bait at night so we spotlight 'em. Hunting with depredation permits can be a lot of fun!

Steve

D13er said; "you can't use bait for anything in california."

Not exactly true. You can use all the bait you want... to fish :)

Joey

OK Steve, was this what you're thinking?

You can use "jail bait"... sooner or later you'll see more pigs* than you ever imagined.

* the term taken from uncouth slang, definitely not intended in any way to offend.

Joey

Joey- actually I was waiting for someone to pop off with the "who is the best baiter of all?" I am the "master baiter" line. But you were close....

Steve

One of my friends gets a little creative in his "farming". He has a cultivator setup that he pulls around behind his Polaris. Seems about every flat spot on his little 100 acre, mostly sidehill, place has patches of one grain, crop, or another. Wild Pigs are drawn to these crops and his wife loves shooting anything, especially big pigs!!

If this is a violation of state law or not would certainly come down to the fine print. He likes doing it, it puts more game on his little place, and the animals that don't get harvested, most of them, benefit.

He does have a few cows on the place as well. If it ever got right down to it, he's farming to benefit them.

I own no hunting property myself but if i did I'd be, like the day i got it or soon as i could, planting apple trees! :)

Joey

Hey Steve it sounds like your thining the pigs out in my old stomping grounds, Did you hear about the Railroad baiting the pigs a few years back when one of the cars were leaking corn on the tracks, I think in a weeks time the train got 53 of them.Bob...

I do recall that. I've had the opportunity to go out a few times using spotlights. It's a whole different ballgame shooting at night. When that light is on that pig, it glows like crazy in the scope....almost to where it hurts your eyes.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom