Planning for 2014 already

HUNTNNW

I will have 4 pts next year for archery elk. Looking for advice if should I keep piling up points or is 4 good enough for some good units? I am early in my research and really do not know much yet about units other than the Big horns which seem to be max points to draw those tags and another unit near Alpine, but thats almost a gurantee draw and do not want to burn my points for that unit. What I am looking for is a quality hunt a realistic chance of getting into some nice bulls 300-320" bulls...Im willing to wait several more years if need be. I know most of WY you can get into some big bulls. But I need some advice on some units thanks guys...PM me if you dont want it on the forum.

WY has very little between easy to draw units and max point units. Most the ones in between are going to have access issues. The reality is that you will never catch up to draw one of the quality units with good access. If you don't intend to drop big bucks on access, there's no reason to accumulate points.

That's true. WY isn't at all like CO or maybe UT where you can go shopping with your points. 4 points is only worth $200 bucks, but the lost years of waiting is far more valuable in my book. Go hunting! Find a unit, and there are many, where you can hunt every year or every other year and you could have a couple 300 class bulls under your belt before you could even think of drawing a "good" tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom