Plateau, 1000 Lakes

hntnfsh67

Thinking about burning my 7 points for this archery hunt? Any feedback regarding this unit would be appreciated. Am a non-resident, this will be a mule deer hunt. Good luck in the draws.

Thanks

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

not worth using 7 pts. in my opinion. i think you would be much better off waiting a year or two and get a bookcliffs tag. you'd see alot more mature bucks on the bookcliffs than up on the lakes.

I don't think you could hunt a place with better views than the thousand lakes though.. What a gorgeous area overlooking the swell and capitol reef. good luck, whatever you decide.

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to get the Books but the wait is killing me. Might look to CO for a 0 point unit. Have had luck there in the past. After looking at the draw stats (non-res) for 1000 lakes I figured it might be worth burning the points.

Good luck in the draws.

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

I hear ya G3. Shoot, it seems like I am always a year or two away though.....GRRRRRRRRR. I was hoping to do a LE archery hunt this year. Burned all my points in CO last year and am looking for another experience like it. Plenty of deer, good age range and limited hunters....Not too much to expect now days........right?
;)

Good luck in the draws.

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

There are some good bucks on 1000 lakes, but they are very hard to find. I personally would hunt utahs general southern unit before I burned 7 points on 1000 lakes. I have known several people who have drawn the tag and very few have come home having had there excpectations met.

There just are not that many deer down there.......at leaste not seven points worth.

thanks for the heads up Carbon.

I have gotten 5 PMs that all said the same thing. I'll keep on looking.

Matt
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom