Plateau Boulder/Kaiparowits

chasemike

This is the unit I put in for.Just lerning how to use Google Maps. not very good at it. I am hoping there is desert area, in this hunt. To me it looks like it, but not sure, put in with a friend. Whats the chance of shooting a decent buck. not scared of hiking. Any information would help. Thanks Mike

The Kaiparowits side is definately desert! It doesn't hold near as many deer as the boulder side does. Its possible to go days without seeing a single deer on parts of the kaip. Personally, I would without a doubt hunt the boulder side. A decent buck is definately possible.

Thanks fo the information. Hope to spend couple days on the Kaiparowits side. Maybe one down there hiding out. Thanks gain.

I would definitely hunt the side for the road that goes from Bicknell to Boulder...much more deer than if you go up on top from Loa. Saw a few decent bucks in one day on that side during the archery big bull hunt on that unit.

United Wildlife Cooperative
Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings

LAST EDITED ON May-12-13 AT 06:48PM (MST)[p]SO MANY options on 25/c,26 -- it's almost unreal!!

I hunted deer on Boulder & the Kaiparowits for a lot of years..

Spent 100s of days on those units a still haven't covered it all!

Very special unit for sure, You'll have a great hunt if you draw.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Goofy I was down there this week end and saw a ton of animal but the buck to doe ratio looked poor? Also are there deer on the fifty mile platau? sp Also we the deer we bumped in coyote gulch already had their summer capes where the deer on the boulder were ragged.

I haven't been on Fiftymile Mountain for 10 years.
There never was many deer there though, In the eighties
there was a wild herd of cattle no one could seem to round up.
Had a cattle rancher in 1985 tell me to 'just shoot the dam things'..
Probably would have had better luck with them than the deer!

I will say this though, if you found alot of deer, I'd
keep looking close by for bucks ..

The counts last fall/winter on Boulder were VERY GOOD there!
25 to 100 on 25c....

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

The buck to for ratio is not 25/100 on the boulder. The Dwr count is not accurate at all. I spend a lot of time on that hill and the deer numbers are not what they are advertising. The increase in tags on the unit was also another mistake. It still is a great place to be, but other units have more and better deer.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom