PLINKING AS WE ONCE KNEW IT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkassassin

Long Time Member
It's Getting Kinda Spendy To Go PLINKING Anymore with the BS AMMO Deal that's going on!

Surely Ain't Gonna Waste Ammo Like We Used to!

When Me & My Friends Were Younger!

There Were Weekends Where We Wasted 5,000 Rounds of 22 Bullets!

Round Drum Magazines!

RUGERS!

A 22 TOMMY Gun!

A Brick of 22 Bullets were 8.99-9.99!

They Were For Sale everywhere!

Don't Know How Many 1,000's of 223 Bullets We Shot?

You could get Military Armor Piercing 223 for 99.00 a Thousand!

We Always Spent about 129.00 per thousand & Bought 223 FMJ's or Soft Points!

Try That Now!

The Good Thing about the Hunting Community is there are alot of Sportsmen willing to Help/Trade/Sell & Buy Without getting in to the GOUGING End of this AMMO Craze!

It'd Be Interesting to know How Many Pounds of AMMO is Stockpiled in Utah?:D

More than enough to SKEER Ocho I'm Sure!:D

I’m only 33 and I know we used to buy my 270 bullets at longs drugs. I’m not even old enough to know the good ol days but damn that was the good ol days.

Sadly, I don't see it getting better anytime soon. As a 3 gun competitor and machine gun enthusiast, I was buying 75,000 primers every month to help the local club members. Now I'm lucky to get 25,000 primers every six weeks or so because I was a regular buyer. Have a small manufacture that is buying everything I get at six times my cost. That was their offer, and not going to turn down free money.
The supplier I use sends out weekly emails. With the backorders, it will take 3 years just to fill the backorders at the rate they are receiving product. 12 suppliers I use for factory ammunition and firearms, and its mind blowing how much is out of stock.
The local shooting competitions in my area used to be around 300 rounds for a Saturday, and now its now trimmed down to around 100 rounds just so shooters can make it. I was kicking around switching calibers on my hunting rifles, but now with the ammo situation I don't dare. Scary times for sure

If our youth can't shoot because of the cost or availability.
Will they loose interest in shooting ?
Will they loose the ability to shoot ?

In my growing up days in the late 1950s, I owned a Marlin Glenfield M60, purchased for about $30 new. On weekends my cousin & I would drive from NJ to a large dump just across the stateline in NY state. He owned one of the Remington Nylon 66s. We would normally burn thru 3-4 bricks of .22 LR ammo in a day of killing hundreds of rats.

I've got enough shot shells to get thru this summer's trap league & ATA shoots----after that ?? If the cost of targets & shells get too high---- maybe it's time to find another hobby

The supplier I use sends out weekly emails. With the backorders, it will take 3 years just to fill the backorders at the rate they are receiving product. 12 suppliers I use for factory ammunition and firearms, and its mind blowing how much is out of stock.

People have backorders at dozens of suppliers. As soon as one or two suppliers fill their order they'll cancel the rest and it will seem like overnight the shortage is over. I don't believe it will take 3yrs. We'll be in better shape later this year, I hope!?

If the ammo situation does not get better and somewhat affordable we will see the end of young folks learning and enjoying shooting and hunting. A sad testimony of our current time.

I saw an article where they interviewed a CEO of a major ammo and primer company and he predicted it would not get better until late this year and maybe into early next year.
Limit your shooting to where you can hold out for a year if you have enough to last that long.
RELH

I'm old enough to remember when the general rule of thumb for 22 LR was a penny per round.

I'd dump a bunch of ammo in my pocket and go roam the woods all day, plinking away.

Times were good.

That’s the objective.
3D8F642E-E9AE-4AD0-8744-765E06C008A5.jpeg

15 years ago I was in Zimbabwe. I went in a gun store in Harrare. The owner and customer were haggling back and forth over five .22 lr rounds. If I remember correctly the owner wanted $20 and the customer was trying to get them down to $10. It seemed surreal to me back then. My friend chuckled and said America would be in the same boat in my lifetime. He may have been right.

When my uncle passed a few years ago he left me with 30 bricks of .22 I think I am good and it was all .01 cent a piece the box read $9.64. He was a cottontail hunter and was always worried he wouldn't have enough ammo....LOL

When my uncle passed a few years ago he left me with 30 bricks of .22 I think I am good and it was all .01 cent a piece the box read $9.64. He was a cottontail hunter and was always worried he wouldn't have enough ammo....LOL
A brick is 500 rds. That would be closer to $.02 a round. Still cheaper than dirt, tho. :ROFLMAO:

My boys and I all bought high velocity pellet guns. They are a blast. And they neighbors dont notice me piling up Eurasians.

To my credit, after the fas, getting dropped on my head and slapped around, mercury fillings, lead shot eaten, adult alcohol syndrome, children, the IRS, and whatever else I forgot, I’m doing pretty good. :)
????

Let’s remember that the ammo shortage didn’t start after the election. It started almost a year ago. So if we’re saying the objective was to get kids to lose interest in guns and shooting, are we blaming Trump for that since it started under his watch?

He did ban bump stocks, which is the most gun regulation we’ve seen on the federal level in a long time. Maybe he is anti-gun after all?

I Didn't Know they Banned the Bump Stocks?

Are You Sure about that?

What A Bunch of BS!

Trump Shoulda Never Let anything Get Banned!

But They Got Their Foot in the Door!

Just To Appease a Few!

SLOWLY!

BUT DAMN SURELY!

Let’s remember that the ammo shortage didn’t start after the election. It started almost a year ago. So if we’re saying the objective was to get kids to lose interest in guns and shooting, are we blaming Trump for that since it started under his watch?

He did ban bump stocks, which is the most gun regulation we’ve seen on the federal level in a long time. Maybe he is anti-gun after all?

I Didn't Know they Banned the Bump Stocks?

Are You Sure about that?

What A Bunch of BS!

Trump Shoulda Never Let anything Get Banned!

But They Got Their Foot in the Door!

Just To Appease a Few!

SLOWLY!

BUT DAMN SURELY!
Your buddy trump put in more gun restrictions than 8 years of Obama. Swallow that pill!

Yes bessy, he did it via administrative order too, not even through Congress.

But that really isn’t the point. I scrolled through here and a couple of people suggested the ammo shortage is part of a bigger government plan. It happened under Trump, so I guess they are holding him responsible for it. Or at least if they’re blaming the government for some sort of plan here, they have to blame him for it. Seems odd to put it on the next guy when he hadn’t even been named the party candidate yet by the time this whole process of empty ammo shelves started. So I doubt they’re suggesting that. Has to be Trump’s fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom