Point Sharing

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
I have 9 deer points.debating G but not going to decide till after NV posts next Friday. This might be a deal for next year. I don't want to pay special, but depending on the point trade? 4.5 may not get it regular, but 5 or more should.

I'm not looking for is not $$$ or scouting or even hunting together. I want to hunt by myself. I'm looking more for maybe someone who I could share WY deer points this year in exchange for sharing points on something else comparable next year. Doesn't have to be WY or any particular species. I'll listen if you are interested.

Hope you're able to put something together EF. Hoping to do something similar in the next year or two. Working with points to benefit two or more parties is a great way to increase opportunity for all those involved.

Everyone one wins.

All the best.

DC

>...and a great way to increase
>point creep, which you all
>complain about.

If you go from 9pts to 4.5 pts doesn't that decrease pt creep?

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

LAST EDITED ON May-22-16 AT 06:56PM (MST)[p]I already put in for H this year but if it comes down to a 2017 we need to talk, I live in Idaho Falls and have hunted and gone with friends the last 2 years.

LAST EDITED ON May-22-16 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]>>...and a great way to increase
>>point creep, which you all
>>complain about.
>
>If you go from 9pts to
>4.5 pts doesn't that decrease
>pt creep?

You have to look at it from two different aspects Tye. The guy that shares a bunch of points to help ones with lesser points probably helps out the guys that have his amount of points since it reduces the number in that point pool that he would compete with. However, the guys with lesser points get screwed when a guy that has the same number of PPs is able to gain more by point sharing and jumps over them along with the guy that has more points to access a tag for sure in a unit they previously may have had enough points to get the tag. This probably happens most of the time in mid tier units and that would probably cause at least minimal point creep were that to happen very often. I really haven't heard any real outcry from NRs in the ten years of the NR PP system and since it's legal and was put in place by the G&F it is what it is, but some residents may well get sharing eliminated if and when a point system is ever instituted for them. Until then I don't think the NR system will change from the way it is now.

My best hunting bud drew a 231E NV bull rifle tag to go along with his AZ 27 early bull rifle tag. He asked for my help, so I'm there. He has done the same for me. I am still stuck in a cube {as an indentured servant to a you know what} with finite vacation time... so I'm just pointing WY this year. For all but the guy I have been communicating with, Thanks!

There's nothing wrong with sharing points I do it all the time with family. I wish some of these state would let you pick how many points you want to enter into a draw instead all or nothing.

Do I know your best bud who drew Az & Nv?
If so, tell him hello and congrats.
If not, heck tell him anyway!

Good deal, I'm glad for Pat.

I just got home after being away for several weeks at work. I picked up my new HF magazine and read Ron Frey's Az Desert Bighorn article.

What a heckuva story man!

Sounds just like you too Eric, great job!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom