Points to draw?

J

james_wvu

hey guys,
I am sitting on 5 points for sheep and 4 points for all other species. I know there is no way of predicting when I will draw but could you guys give me an idea of when you drew tags. Please post 1) species, 2) points and 3) residency when you drew NV tags. I think it will be interesting to see. Thank you.

1. Elk
2. 12 points
3. Nevada res.

1. Speed Goat
2. 4 points
3. NV res

Deer about every other year.
Good luck, Fly

I have 5 points for elk and have not drawn.

Archery deer you can draw almost every year.

Rifle is about every other year for res and every 5 for non res.

I drew archery antelope with 2 points.

I havent heared anyone drawing any goat tags with less than 10 points.

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

I drew elk with 5 points and antelope with 6 points and am a nevada resident. As far as deer goes the longest i've had to wait is 2 points. The main reason there is i was holding out for a specific area. As nv_hunter mentioned above certain areas like area 10 archery are quite easy to draw. In fact the 10 archery hunt usually has tags left over after the main draw. The advice i would give is to go to the NDOW site and check out the draw odds and bonus points information pages. The new info for the previous year doesn't come out till about february so this year's odds won't be out for a while yet.

I too am a resident of Nevada. I am still PATIENTLY:) waiting for the following tags: Elk 5 points, Antelope 6 points, and Desert Bighorn 1 point. I drew a 22 riffle deer tag this year with 5 points. Good luck and as nvhunter32 mentioned the huntnevada.com web site has alot of great info on draw odds and statistics.

well I'm a res I got

Elk:5
Deer:0
Speed goat: whating to put in got a tag the frist time I put in got a 15 1/2 goat

the rest I have not put in for

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-07 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-07 AT 12:32 PM (MST)

It's been a while! It's been 5 years since I have received a tag of any kind. I was able to apply for pronghorn after a 5 year wait and have started over that process. It took 6 points for me to receive that tag. This is the longest I have gone with out a deer tag usually it has been about every 3 years.

NV. resident
5 points for Mule deer
13 points for Bighorn
13 points for Elk
2 points for Rocky Mt. Bighorn
1 point for Pronghorn

NRA
USW #5282

Nevada resident.

Drew archery elk with 4 points.

Drew antelope wit 3 points.

Currently 4 points for desert bighorn.

Drew deer tag this year with 3 points.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom