Polaris General

dirtygrass

I was thinking about getting a Polaris General Hunter edition, curious if anyone has an opinion. If anyone has purchased one recently how much did you get off MSRP? The offer from my local dealer was $600 off, reading some ATV message boards the average is about $1800 off.

Thanks in advance for your input.

A good friend of mine bought one last fall and it was a great ride.He has a great cab and heater.But one morning it was about 10 degrees and he had a hell of a time starting it. I don't know if it was just his machine or there all like that.You might check in to that first.

Nice ride, but very spendy. No such thing as a cheap one. We looked around and found that out of all the Polaris and Honda UTV's the Kawasaki Teryx did everything the General did for us, it was more comfortable for my wife's bad back, and it was $8000 cheaper. Plus, it has a 3 year warranty! Bought a brand new year older two seater model, with windshield/roof/winch for under $12K. Yeah, it is only 800cc but we don't race around or go to the sand dunes so it is perfect for us.

I have a 2017 General. Mine is the Deluxe model. I would not recommend this vehicle. Un godly hot on your a$$ from motor heat. Suspension is ok but not great. I would defiantly buy a 4!seat machine even if you don't need the extra seats just so your not sitting on the motor

>I have a 2017 General. Mine
>is the Deluxe model. I
>would not recommend this vehicle.
>Un godly hot on your
>a$$ from motor heat. Suspension
>is ok but not great.
>I would defiantly buy a
>4!seat machine even if you
>don't need the extra seats
>just so your not sitting
>on the motor

How's that Feel at -20?

I'll never know. I'm finished when archery elk ends in September. To the original poster I didn't get anything off MSRP, but 20% off all the accessories I put on it.

Don't be afraid to check out Kymco, best bang for the buck. I have 3000 miles on mine with no problems at all. Mine is a 2014, the newer ones have power steering also.

I'm in the market for one now. My friend has a 4 seater, and last year it hauled out 5 guys and an entire bull elk quartered with the head and hide in one load. Ride out of the bottom of the canyon was 12 miles back to camp and the thing just kept pulling on the hills! Pretty much sold me.......obviously!

}}-SLIVER-->

My cabin neighbor use to have Kawasaki Teryx four seater. He didn't like the noise in the cab with the Teryx. Said you couldn't talk to the passenger next to you. He picked up Polaris General four seater last year and love's it.

I can't speak for the General but as for Polaris, Its worth your time to check Abernathy Cycle in Tennessee. Last year I was in the market for a high lifter( needed the lower range option, and the boss wanted the blue color). They saved me 6 grand from what all the dealers wanted in Salt Lake. Had to fly there and do the paperwork and pay to have it shipped back, so I saved about 5 grand. Well worth the effort, and when I need another Polaris, I'll drive back there and do it again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom