Post your 2010 MT archery pics

J

JohnColter

Scored an elk opening weekend so I thought I'd start a thread for hero shots...

My first elk with a bow, 30 yard shot second day of the season. It was in a tough spot so we brought a horse in the next day to get her out.

026-2.jpg

024-3.jpg

Hey nice one on the yote! Too bad it's not one of those big yotes that need thinning down so bad ;) I'm shooting the shuttle t locks, 125 grain. So far this cow and a whitetail are all I've tested them on but I really like them, awesome trajectory and nice blood trail!

congrats on the kills guys. i will post some up if we could ever kill anything, been getting close though. its getting tough with the wolves around.

I will play. This is my bcuk from opening morning. Biggest buck for me ever, let alone with a bow. I posted it in the mule deer section, but thought I would join in the Montana post fun. Hope to kill a bull and a pronghorn before archery season ends. He is gonna go 182 gross and 169 net pope and young.
Good luck everyone.....

7412stu_deer_2.jpg

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-10 AT 00:15AM (MST)[p]I think its time I get a bow. Oct 23rd isnt coming around fast enough. Awesome kills guys.

Here is my first elk! Pretty excited to finally get an elk, and with the large coyote problem I felt pretty lucky!
1214first_elk.jpg

29first_elk2.jpg

Got this nice whitetail from a ground blind at about 35 yards. He goes 155 as an 8 point with a few extras. Best buck to date bow or gun. Nice to see others having some success out there.

7583mm_wt.jpg

5838mm_wt_2.jpg

Here is a pic of my son with his 2010 bull from "The Breaks"

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/7568kevs_bull_(small).jpg

All three bulls are very nice, is this years horn growth a little better than usual because of moisture or am i over analyzing this? Ide hope to run into any 3 on the general tag i got.

Not over analyzing is at all. The super wet spring and early summer is making for some awesome head gear out there, hold out for a monster.

The year of the Bears!
I buy a bear tag every year for reasons like this.
I was tracking a bull that my buddy had shot when this old boy thought he would try and EAT me! I dont pack a side arm while bow hunting but maybe I should start! Anyway the bear started towards me so I moved to an opening so he could see what I was but he kept coming at twenty yards I drew back and at 17 yards he let out a woof and that was when i let the arrow go. It was almost perfectly strait on and my arrow past through, the bear turned and blew out of there. After a while i met up with my bro who had a gun and we went after him. a mile later I got another arrow in him and there he died. If there is one thing that impressed me,it is my broadhead. I shoot 125 grain slick trick and it tore him up. I later took a bull with the same broadhead and love what I saw. FYI. The bioligist said the bear was atleast 15 yrs old and was just over 6 feet tall.

My bros archery bull. he killed it opening day. I missed a decent six by the same day as well. probably better off that way cause it sure was hot. 85 degrees that day. my family got a total of four bulls this bow season. we were truly blessed.
6062_1060313.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom