Powder Tubes

I still use the old fashioned 35 mm film canister plastic tubes/with snap on/off lids. almost water proof (moisture proof?), easy to use, quick to pop off the lid and easy to pour down the barrel for a quick second shot. Used the same film containers for years now.

I was thinking about those containers but that's about it. I will be digging in the junk drawer tonight. Thank you.

You can go to Costco and buy a package of Zip Fizz they are water proof and will easily hold 100 grains of powder. Cheap too!

>Think about these:
>
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UJGNU1G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
>Wiping inside with a cut down
>dryer sheet will keep that
>powder from sticking to the
>sides walls.
>
>And they work well for holding
>bullets.

I use these chemistry vials as well. Got the tube rack holder also and I am very happy with this set up. I only use it for pre-measured powder charge though. I pre-measure a bunch by weight before going to the range or a hunt.
For actually a hunting in the field I pour the pre-measured charge into six TC speed loaders along with the bullet and carry them in my pack or pocket.
Can?t beat the price either.

I use color coded "CHUCK-EM's". I have three different charges so I use three colors. I don't like having to read to know what is in the tubes. I have extra time on my hands so I use spent shotgun shells. I cut off most of the plastic of a high brass empty shell and put the base in a fire until all of the plastic has completely burned. It cleans out real easy making the lid. Then I use a low brass shell for the filler tube after I cut of the crimped end. It only takes a few minutes to do several. It is free and it doesn't take long to make a lot and they seem pretty water tight. When in the field load your gun and just chuck em when the chase is on. They are not transparent, so never, every put the lid back on an empty.

PACK OUT YOUR TRASH PLEASE. NOB0DY WANTS TO BE IN THE WILD WOODS AND SEE EVIDENCE THAT SOMEONE (IN THIS CASE A LITTERBUG) HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE THEM

Ya I know. I have probably picked up over 50 from grouse hunters and deposited three in the last 5 years and that doesn't include the rifle brass I've picked up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom