Powerbelt 295?

A

AntlerKing

What one to use? I have a 50cal.

AC1595 295 Grain, Hollow Point, Copper
AC1595AT 295 Grain, AeroTip, Copper
AC1598 295 Grain, Hollow Point, Pure Lead

Ladd,

I'm having great luck w/ the aerotips... Hopefully we get to test 2 of em out on the real thing in the next couple of days.

That would be great to test them out on the real thing! Another question I have, I won the Wolverine II - LKII802CV LKII, SS, .50, COMP VP at the SFW banquet 1 1/2 ago. Is this a good gun for a first time muzzleloader hunter? Should I shoot 777 powders (100 grain)? I've spent most of the day reading past post, that's helped out allot. What should I do before shooting a new gun, it's still in the box?
Thanks for the info.

Hey Ladd,

I use the 295 copper hollow point on deer and it works great. I think that it really depends on what type of gun you are shooting. My buddy shoots a remington and he can't get a good grouping at all unless he shoots the lead powerbelts. Also, there has been a little trouble out there with the aerotips...I haven't experienced it myself but I have heard that sometimes they punch right through without expanding....good luck on the muzzy hunt.

Inmysights.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-03 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]Try the 348gr. PB's. A lot of shooters with the faster twist barrels seem to find the heavier, longer PB's seem to group better. I know my groups sure improved after switching. I shoot a Bighorn with a 1-28 twist. Also, if you dislike cleaning muzzleloaders as much as I do, you'll like 777. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom