Preference Points/09' Draw

O

OregonBighorn

Just getting excited about the 09' draw. How many preference points does everyone have? I've got 11 for pronghorn, five for antlerless, and six for elk! Still won't draw anything but I'm building an impressive stat line lol!

9 Antelope
8 deer
7 antlerless deer
3 elk

Just doing points only this year.

I hope the Steens were better than E.Whitehorse this year! The last couple times we hunted it we were at about 100% on four points. This year the party was a measly 40 with only one four pt and an unlucky meat buck on the last day! Not what were used to in Southeast OR! Keeps getting worse! Talked to a Nevada native down there that only found a small forky and opted to go home empty handed! Said Oregon had seen the last of him. Couple more seasons like we have been having and he won't be the only one saying that. Not all is lost though I have been finding some smoker bucks in units I haven't deer hunted before so at least the hope is still there!

>Wanted...You still won't draw lol!

Yah, I'm still a few years away, but I've set myself up so I can draw a "decent" tag for several years in a row. My current plans are to draw Steens mule deer five years in row, muzzy antelope at least four years in a row. Elk and antlerless deer I currently have a 3 preference point average. Spring bear average is three points.

13 elk points
14 pronghorn
7 deer
2 bear
4 antlerless

Drew my bighorn in 03
bighorn.jpg

Drew my Oregon state record goat in 06

goat.jpg

"Pain is fear leaving your body"

tagsoup,

I drew the Steens last year also. We saw a few deer, but they are few and far between. I figure I put 80 miles on my boots in the week we were there. I did some glassing early/late in the day, with lots of walking in between. Out of the 4 in my party we saw 5 bucks in 8 days. There are deer there, but don't expect to see many. If you want more info let me know.

oh, your a sonofa.....:) sheep AND goat?? what the hell? i'm very jelous! very cool mounts you have there

I hunted the last week of the season and had one chance at a 160 type buck. He won and I went home empty.
I hunted at all elevations and moved my camp twice. Just not a lot of deer in that country but that is what I expected.

These awesome pictures are making me soooooo thirsty, I don't know why?

I definately want to hunt with you!

Elk-2 points
Deer-5 points
Antelope-4 points

Thats one fine Goat...congrates have you recieved the slam in Oregon? I need the Goat!!

Packer

>Thats one fine Goat...congrates
>have you recieved the slam
>in Oregon? I need
>the Goat!!
>
>Packer

Is there an oregon slam?

I have 4 for elk, 12 for antelope, 0 for deer, 16 for antlerless deer.

The wife has 12 for elk, 12 for antelope, and 16 for antlerless deer.

One day we will get a Umatilla refuge tag!!!!

I would take it in a heartbeat!!!!
There are some mighty big bucks in the refuge, I want to get one of them big boys with a muzzleloader!

Nascar88, he wrote in th post above that he wanted the Umatilla National Wildlife Refuge tag.

My fiance is the last one in the state with 18 points for antlerless deer and she doesn't even hunt. I'm trying to get her to go.

Holy crap dude!!!!! You need to have her in the drawing!!! You could get one of the Umatilla tags for either sex muledeer, shotgun or muzzleloader, there are some BIG bucks in the refuge!!!

Back
Top Bottom