premium deer tag/ no refund? Really?

P

popeyoung2

Please, someone explain the logic of paying $8 per draw for elk, sheep, and antelope but the deer draw is now non-refundable for $29? WTF? As an out of stater, I can stack 14 whitetails with the same $$$. That's complete BS>>> "Kalifornia just sticking to the sportsmen>

do you really think CA is the only state who is sticking it to us?

Nevada makes you buy a $142 hunting license if you want to earn a point. plus $10 app fee per species.

Arizona makes you buy a nonrefundable license at $151 plus $7.50 bonus point just to buy points.

Colorado charges $3 app fee plus $25 if you didn't have a license for the same species in the previous year.

Wyoming Charges $40 for a deer preference point and $50 for elk.

These are just the one's off the top of my head. I'm sure other states are similar.

ROB.......GOOD EXAMPLES !!! WHEN I DO DRAW MY ELK IN ARIZONA I WILL HAVE AT LEAST $2600 BUCKS. (16 YEARS IN THE DRAW).

SPENT.....MORE IF IT TAKES A YEAR OR TWO LONGER.

NEVADA.....I HAVE DRAWN NOTHING YET......$1200 BUCKS SPENT ON LIC & POINTS.

UTAH.......ABOUT THE SAME.

BUT I"M NOT COMPLAINING YET..................YD.

>Why waste your money on Cal
>when there are better states
>that stick it to you?
>

If you're an NR to CA then I will agree with you. If you're a CA resident, like me, then I don't see it as a big deal since I'm gonna hunt here anyways.

YD,

You coulda taken that $2600 and purchased a landowner tag in NM and skip the 16 year wait.

ALREADY DID HUNT ELK IN NM, ARIZONA, COLORADO, MONTANA, WYOMING, BC, & IDAHO MULTIPLE TIMES. THERE WAS NO WAIT WHILE BEING PATIENT FOR THE BEST UNIT IN THE BEST ELK STATE GOING.....HAD PLENTY OF HUNTS.....INCLUDING SHEEP,MOOSE, LOPE,DEER, AND CARIBOU.......YD.

CA has first come deer tag opportunity from July through December. Surely you can make some time somewhere to enjoy a bit of CA's hunting at it's finest. And make you appreciate the hunting in other states more...LOL. But anyway, a weekend hunting in CA beats not...

you could go to San Francisco and someone will stick it to you for nothing.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom