Preseason workout

GoBigorGohome

With the draw excitement done and over. Are you happy with what you drew for this upcoming season?
What kind of off season work out will you being doing to prepare for your hunt.
I know I am going to be running and hiking this off season.

My workout plan will be flipping burgers on my grill and lifting beers, since I didnt draw anything for the first time in my life.

I'm 36 and in relatively good shape. The distances where I hunt now, we rarely shoot over 100 yards at deer. My group drew 2nd rifle 2B mule deer. So we will be practicing with our rifles at greater distances.

For me, staying in shape is a way of life. I'll be guiding my son for an Oct. 8th first season rifle hunt. We'll throw on weighted framepacks, tractor tire flips/carries/sledgehammer slams, run stadiums and run some more stadiums. Variety is key.

Sure makes hunting a lot more pleasurable experience.

I run and walk almost everyday...when i do both it's over 10 miles/day, when i am lazy about 5-6 miles/day...during my lunch hour i will walk 3-4miles with a backpack full of books so my shoulders get used to the weight, i will continue to get up at 530am and run 5-6miles, walk for lunc and some light weightlifting and ab work in the evening...i am in relatively decent shape but that mossback lifting plan mentioned above gets the best of me sometimes...

i just walk around everywhere with my shirt off and let my bulging muscles and six pack inspire them. just ask paul, he LOVES hunting with me.

honestly though for some reason having nothing to do outside of work really gets to me. i lost my kids to my ex about 2 years ago and body building burns up ALL my free time and keeps my mind off reality. so thats pretty much my plan for staying in shape.

and when im carb depleting ive found being a random azz on mm helps keep my mind occupied as well.

I follow what the guy from elkshape.com does. He is a legit athlete and kills big bulls in tough country every year. He actually started train to hunt. My two cents.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom