Prime Rib Beef Barley Soup

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
So I had 8 cups Prime Rib cut up . I added 3 or 4 bones for extra goodness. This recipe is sure to thrill. It will be done when the Barley is tender.

20221229_143928.jpg

I love beef and barley soup……. Gonna try this recipe DM.

It looks a bit oily on top, I’m sure from the Prime Rib, did that affect the taste/texture at all?

One of my favorites is to add leftover long grain and wild rice to any of my soups. Gives it body and taste.
I buy Long Grain Wild Rice and like it with butter but wife doesn't. I think she would be ok with it in soup. We have buckets of Jasmine Rice, Red Beans, Pintos. A 5 gallon bucket sure lasts a long time but I'm going to cut back on white rice as going more Keto. I lost 30 lbs last year and gained 10 back since Halloween. I'm going to lose 35 and be under 200 lbs by summer. Been 22 years since I've been under that mark.

Great job on the weight loss! I try, but just seem to cycle up and down, and don't want to give up food or alcohol to get serious about it. :)
Weren’t you the one that told me about moderation back when I mentioned my cardiologist would not be happy with my breakfast covered with bacon gravy. ???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom