Private Land 2016 Deer Hunt

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
I am looking to hunt CO 3rd season (or 4th season) next year. I only have 1 Resident point, so I am looking at units I can draw with one point, but get access to some private ground. I am also not opposed to buying a LO tag for units that require more points. Just looking to get started with the planning early as I am sure some of the better private land gets booked up quickly. Thanks.

I talked with our district wildlife manage recently. He said they will be coming down on tag sellers next year. If you buy a tag, you had better make sure it doesn't come from a second party.

That's a good thing IMO, hope they actively make sure its handled properly. One of the reasons I am trying to get out in front of it early. Great advice though, thank you.

Hope you are right beanman. But I will believe it when I see it.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

So what are some of the nagging issues with second party (middle man) selling these vouchers. I thought there were already provisions to stop the sell of bogus vouchers?

>So what are some of the
>nagging issues with second party
>(middle man) selling these vouchers.
>I thought there were already
>provisions to stop the sell
>of bogus vouchers?

I've witnessed some pretty shady things from an outfitter reselling LO vouchers to his high paying clients. Only reason they are higher than most outfitters is his access to private ground, and hence the draw to hunters. Thinking the CP&W wants to stem that since the vouchers are tied to the original landowner and his acreage. Plus, there are so many bogus LO vouchers for sale out there, a guy/gal really needs to do their due diligence. Be real easy to get taken for alot of money.

On a different note, CM, what kind of quality are you looking for? Are you just wanting to see tons of deer and have a shot at a 180+ buck?

I'd give Joe at Rocky Mountain Ranches a call and see what he has to say. We just finished an elk hunt with him for our second year in a row and had a great time.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom