Problem locating preference points

seven

I got on the Wyoming Game & Fish website today to apply for a hunt and noticed that they weren't accepting applications until tomorrow (January 2). So I decided I would check my preference points totals just for fun. When I tried to look up my points by entering my name, zip, and DoB, it said 'We could not locate your record. Please verify search information entered' I tried this multiple times, using possible different names I may have used (Ben vs. Benjamin) but got the same message every time. I didn't apply for a hunt last year but did buy a pref point over the summer, and even have a copy of the receipt that I was given after purchasing it.

I guess I was just wondering if the system not being able to locate my records has anything to do with not being able to put in for permits till tomorrow? Maybe their system is down for maintenance before they see a high volume of applications? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Don't worry, as it's not you! After reading your post, the same thing came up when I went in to see if I could apply for the elk draw and then the same thing happened that you described when I went to check the PP section, so it's their system and nothing you're doing wrong! I'm sure the PP deal will be corrected when they go back to work tommorrow. I guess they are saving G&F funds by not having someone come in and start the application today on the holiday when they are off.

Sounds good thanks guys. Good to know that other people couldn't view their PPs either and that it wasn't just me! Can't wait to put in for tags tomorrow!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-14 AT 06:35AM (MST)[p]After applying for a tag yesterday, I tried to view my PPs and it still would not locate my records. I called the Game & Fish Customer Service and a helpful guy located my records and told me he didn't know why it wasn't able to locate me in the system when I tried on my own. I hope I still show up somewhere in their system when it actually comes time for the draw...

I can't get anybody in my family points to come up. System must be down. I am sure this is just a temporary deal.

The PP system is still screwed up as of noon Eastern time. If it's not fixed within a couple hours, I'll call them and tell them it's not just one person, but is an across the board screwup!!! I'm surprised they haven't had enough calls by now to know that and have it fixed.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom