Pronghorn watering times

RE: Pronghorn watering times

I've seen the same buck water at 1 time one day and 3 days later water at a different time. There are quite a few factors that come into play such as weather, rut, etc. If it rains and there is water/dew on the plants they may not need to water for a couple days? If a buck happens to be in the vicinity of a waterhole he may water at just about any time. I don't think you can really pattern antelope to water at certain times of the day?

Thanks guys, just looking for encouragment to stick it out all day in my blind.

I've seen bucks water just as the sun is rising and right at sunset so you never know. I usually get in the blind before daylight and leave after sunset so they don't see me come and go. Believe me, it is a long day and best to bring some reading material, camcorder, camera, log book to keep notes, etc to pass time.

For me usually about an hour after you really feel the heat. I can't stand the heat so I usually leave at 12:00 and come back at 3:30

When he was thirsty!!...couldn't resist....take your knitting needles...and cosmo.
mike

i have personally never had one come in right at light but really any time besides that. i have had them come in right at dark several times.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Wow, I just got back from Nevada. They watered all day long. Killed one at 7pm Sun.

We spent the night in a blind last year on a waterhole, only to wake up at first light to find 2 bucks bedded at about 35 yards. I was quite surprised as I have read that antelope don't really move around in the dark.

We have shot them at 7 am up too 840 pm you just never know. That why 16 hours in a blind is the only way to get them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom