Quest is complete!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bura Nut

I got back last night from Old Mexico and this morning I am trying to scan through my MM addiction but my computer is acting up, so hopefully this post works. I had a phenominal hunt, the ranch was great, just an old cattle ranch house, the scenery was great, I saw tons of deer even though the rut was not going on for some reason, I hunted in snow some days, hunted in "Typical Coues" country with big oaks and lots of grass, hunted in brush holes that held a couple smoker bucks that gave me the slip, hiked my behind off and have the blisters to prove it. The grand finale came with a buck that is about 101 2/8. There were two scorers who looked at it and I need to get an official one here in AZ to give it another look, but needless to say, I am pumped and happy to no longer be a "Coues Virgin". I no longer have the empty feeling of missing, I popped this one on the first shot, the only shot fired at deer in Mexico. I may be going through mid life crisis or just "Coues Crisis", but I spent time enjoying the stars while it was dark, the different scenery, the lion sign in the snow, the total hunting experience down there. I wrote up a journal of all my "Adventures" and I have lots of pictures I am taking to Walgreens today if they are open, and hopefully I can post the picture today. He is a 3x3 plus eyeguards and he has double eyeguards on one side. Thanks for all your moral support........Allen Taylor, formally known as the "Coues Virgin"......LOL........

Allen, I cannot express enough congratulations to you. You deserve it!! Sounds like everything was great down there and you had a good time. Please post pics when you can. Again, congrats Allen....Nathan

Congratulations......My hat goes off to you,sounds like you had a great hunt and I,m looking forward to hearing the details. Dev.

Congrats on a great buck Allen, I knew you'd do it. Waiting for the pics...

Congratulations Allen,
Can't wait for a "blow-by-blow" account of the hunt. How far was the shot since it only took one shot?
Again Allen, congrats and you have rid yourself of the Virgin title as you called it.

My sincere congratulations on your quest!! and accomplishment. Sounds like a real good Buck

BILL

Congrats on the major accomplishment. As the rest have said, were waiting for the pixs. Good Job!!!

Ghost Hunter

WELL SAID!!! SO HAPPY FOR YA! REACHED A GOAL!! WAITING TO SEE THE PIX....MUST BE A BEAUTY BUCK!

VINIHUNT

Allen,

Congrats on the Coues and on the Slam!!!

Sounds like you had a great time.
Can't wait to see the pictures.

dds - Darren
dds_sig.jpg

Bura!

Genuine Congrats!

How far was the shot? Was there a stalk?

I can see the gleam from your smile all the way here in Georgia!!

Congratulations Again!

Regards,

Chef

PW forgot the camera yesterday, so hopefully today he can get the picture up here. I will embelish the stalk, shot, celebration etc..... once we get the picture up, but boy was it a great time. I am now trying to figure out how I can get back there again.......Thanks for all the moral support, I found my MO-JO down there..... Allen Taylor......

Way to go Allen!!! Now that you've broke the ice there's no stopping you now! You'll be killin' one maybe two every year now. You just thought you had the fever. It's gonna get worse. Wait'll you've been in on your first "Book" kill. I YI YI!!! I'm ready to go again. Let's go!

Scott

Allen, thats a great looking buck, congratulations! It doesn't sound like the stalk could have been any better! I cant wait to see more pictures. Drummond

Bura,

Can't wait to hear the nasty details. It's good to hear you got one after the effort you have put into the pursuit of this "desert ghost". Congrats.

Bura, what was the rutting activity like? My partner called from down near Hermosillo and he said that the smaller bucks are starting to get with the does. Drummond

Drum: There was very little rut activity. One buck I lost while stalking out on the flats was real swollen in the neck and walking that stiff legged rut walk, but he was the only deer I saw personally that looked to be in the rut mood. Albeto said he saw two other bucks raking trees, but I didnt see them. One other hunter said he saw a couple of bucks still hanging together like bachelor groups, then they saw one small buck with his nose up a doe's butt. Anyway, it was really weird to not have any rut activity, maybe they will have kicked in already this week. The buck I shot acted kinda rutty and with him bedding down on what I call the wrong side of the hill, and somewhat trotting around aimlessly, I figure he was just kicking into the rut..... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom