question bout broadheads

monkey

whats a good fix blade thats is sharp and stong for elk deer and hogs lookin to switch dont like the rage

You are going to get a million opinions. I've tried dozens and have come to the conclusion that it's tough to beat a Slick Trick.

For a strong fix blade i recommend the shuttle t locks. theyre very durable and very shard on impact. I personally shoot grim reaper mechanicals but i have a few close buddies who use the shuttle t locks for just about everything and they work great. Also, take a look at the G5 montecs. you can actually sharpen the blades on these with any sharpening stone.

Good luck with your experimanting and hunt hard!

Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts. Broke thru a rib to connect with heart on an elk. Warranty can't be beat. Return for any reason, including your own fault for hitting rocks, no charge.

I have seen some impressive results with the Montechs. I have been shooting mechanicals but thinking about switching back. Just out of curiosity last year after season i bought some t locks. They shot with my field points out to 70 yds, super quiet and the thick blades seem like they could take on a tank. Gonna try some practice and testing with the blood runners also....anyone try these yet?

Many good ones- I prefer a cut on contact but the others are fine

One note- you really want to be particular on arrow assembly. Use a jig to make sure your inserts are perfectly straight and BH spins perfect.

You will more than likely have to do very minor tuning adjustments to get them to fly like FP's. If they don't, your bow is not perfectly tuned. See Easton tuning guide on their website. Good Luck

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

personally shoot the Grim Reaper mechanicals but they also make a pretty sick fixed blade called the Hades. the back edges are sharpened so if you dont get a pass through it will still cut on the way out from both ends!

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
Grim Reaper Broadheads

G5 Strikers will handle pretty much any animal with ease. PLUS, the blades are easily (& cheaply) replaced if ever get dull, or can resharpen too if you got a little sharpener.

They fly great too!!

?-ERock-> ?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-10 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]G5 Montecs or Strikers Cant go wrong

Wasatch Archery Shop
West Haven, Ut
801-710-4287

G5 Strikers have my vote, i have seen them do some serious damage. fly just like my field points, what more could you ask for?

I've killed two bull elk, neither of which went more than 50 yards. I also killed a javelina with the G5 striker. I have total confidence in them! They shoot like a field tip and they are super sharp! Try them, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good Luck.

I really like the shuttle terminal T. you get a super short- cut on contact- solid ferrule with a thick solid blade. super quiet and very effective..

ive tried various broadheads over the years,and have found montec 100gr,have performed best for me.but nows the time to experiment,see what works best for your set up,and species you will be hunting,allso recommend a digitol scale,you can pick one up at most proshops,or online.hope this helps,

Personally I like the Muzzy 100 grain. I have shot them for years and they have never failed me. I like the Montecs, but I don't see a big enough difference to get one broadhead when I can get two for the same price. My buddy shoot slick tricks and loves them.

Really I would ask around and see if your buddies have a few extras sitting around from seasons past and shoot six or so different styles, and see which one performs the way you want them to.

Dillon

I use Muzzy 100 grain broadheads also. I have had to much sucess with them to want to try anything else.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom