question on which unit

hhunter23

i will have 5 deer points in wyoming this year,i usually put in for region G but due to other hunts and child birth ive been holding off. i was just wondering if i should start putting in for a better deer unit, or just burn my points on G? any response is welcome.

"Shoot Straight"

Western Wyoming got hit real hard last winter and I am hearing the deer numbers are way down. I am sure there are still good bucks out there, but you may want to consider that problem.
G and H have great genetics and usually produce a few real nice bucks, but some of the "better deer units" according to odds, don't have as good of top end bucks.
At least that is what my research suggests.
Good luck, and congrats on the new baby.

Im kinda in the same boat your in. I can draw G this year and was the plan. But considering just hunting my "stand by" area where I can draw too and/or wait G out to recover... But considering just going anyways. Decisions decisions....

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom