Question: OnLine 2nd Draw Application

jbricejr

Maybe somebody can help me with this question. I just went on-line and put in for a second draw deer tag, and when I got to the confirm page and tried to go forward to pay for the application, it says "you already won in the first application". Is this referring to the first draw? In the first draw I did not draw my first choice, but I put in for an unlimited tag as a second choice and so I got it; however, I didn't buy the darn thing.Immediately after this happened I put in for an antlerless elk tag successfully.

Could the problem be that the system thinks I actually purchased my unlimited deer tag from the first draw? Thanks for any help.
John

It doesnt matter if you picked it up or not. Once you drew the unlimited hunt you drew in the first draw same as if you drew your first choice. Theres no time limit to pick up unlimited tags so your stuck with that one. Good luck on that hunt.

Thanks HayZeus, I guess that's the deal. It would be nice if the reg book explained that somewhere - maybe it does but I don't see it. Do you know if it would be possible to "turn in" the unlimited controlled tag for a general license? I guess I'm wondering if their system will just insist that I already have a deer tag? I'm thinking about trying Whitetails in northern ID instead of the doing this unlimited hunt. The regs clearly say the reverse is possible (bottom of page 84).

HayZeus is right, and I ran into the same issue as you, jbrice. Tried applying for a second draw pronghorn tag at the downtown IDFG office and was informed that since I selected one of the unlimited archery tags as a second choice in the first draw, I wasn't eligible to re-apply.

However, regarding your second question, you're not required to pick up the unlimited tag and can always fall back on a general tag (and do your whitetail hunt). No different than if you were drawn for your first choice and chose not to pick it up. At least that's my impression.

Nothing wrong with that Unlimited Archery tag... Some of the best lope hunting out there.. Most everyone gives up after the first day anyhow, at least that was the case last year in the area I hunted. I wish they would make it mandatory to choose that as your first choice, that would make the competition even less!

Best of luck on your hunts!

Ok, thanks for the information and quick responses. I think F&G should add a sentence or two to the regs book explaining this aspect of the unlimited draw tags.

One last question. If one draws a tag in the second drawing, is there a deadline date for when the tag must be purchased before it rolls into the OTC pool?

There is no deadline for the second draw. If somebody draws, the tag doesnt go back into OTC.The tags that didnt get filled in the second draw go into OTC availabl first come first serve. Good luck huntin whities that is a fun hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom