Rabbits?

landop

Wondering if anybody is willing to share some areas on public ground to go shoot and chase some rabbits around, and maybe call some coyotes. within an hour from Albuquerque. im just trying to get out of town for the day. thanks!

Saw a few in 2B during Zachs archery hunt there.

Almost forgot what they look like down south here. Rabbits and quail are few and far between down here these days.

Yeah tell me about it. When i was a younger we would be swimming in rabbits on our deer hunts. Now your lucky to jump a jackrabbit. Oh by the way how'd your sons deer hunt go? I heard the snow melt made the roads a mess up north.

>Yeah tell me about it. When
>i was a younger we
>would be swimming in rabbits
>on our deer hunts. Now
>your lucky to jump a
>jackrabbit. Oh by the way
>how'd your sons deer hunt
>go? I heard the snow
>melt made the roads a
>mess up north.

5th tag in a row we ate. Saw lots of deer and that was really nice to know that there are still mule deer in this state even though we just borrow them from Colorado for the winter.

We only had 3 days to hunt. He hit a small fork the night before we had to leave and we trailed blood almost a mile up hill before he stopped bleeding and lost tracks in all the other tracks. It was his first archery hunt and he learned a lot. A good trip for us.

agree. Real weird about the rabbit thing... I know they cycle with various plagues, etc but its been like 4 or 5 yrs now since they started to decline. Ironically, when we're deer/elk hunting or out and about and SEE a rabbit its news worthy! No yotes either... no rabbits, no yotes- cycle. Makes for a long winter...

I believe they do a 7 year cycle.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Rabbits and quail are few
>and far between down here
>these days.

Yep, its getting to the point that the game and fish should really do something about the quail populations. I think most folks would we okay with not hunting them for a couple seasons to give them a chance in this drought.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom