Race and Hunting. Colorado..

Not really...

Why are videos like that not considered "hate speech" or "politically incorrect"? If it was about Jews or Muslims would it be considered hate speech?

Personally I think video's like that are protected under the 1st amendment and I haven't heard of any young Christian suicides that are blamed on hate speech. I hope you can see the hypocrisy of people that expect me lo learn new pronouns but laugh at a video like that.

There are also a bunch of bad things that come from the government "understanding" demographics. if you're as smart as you claim (which I don't doubt) you should readily recognize that.

Collecting demographic information on hunters in Colorado is at minimum a waste of time and money.
Please provide an example of the cdow doing "bad things" with the form in question, you know the same one you don't have to participate in.

If you're looking for areas of wasted time and money spent by the cdow, I can come up with dozens of things much worse than a simple form.

Please provide an example of the cdow doing "bad things" with the form in question, you know the same one you don't have to participate in.

If you're looking for areas of wasted time and money spent by the cdow, I can come up with dozens of things much worse than a simple form.
I'm not going to waste my time trying to see what CDOW is going to do with their demographic information because I'm really not all that concerned about it. At the moment I don't think anything will come of it besides wasted time and money. Even you should be able to see there could be a political motive behind collecting demographics.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to see what CDOW is going to do with their demographic information because I'm really not all that concerned about it. At the moment I don't think anything will come of it besides wasted time and money. Even you should be able to see there could be a political motive behind collecting demographics.
Let me know when you figure out the conspiracy and "bad things" cdow is planning with their form and demographics data.

Don't want to miss the next revolution or civil war.

Let me know when you figure out the conspiracy and "bad things" cdow is planning with their form and demographics data.

Don't want to miss the next revolution or civil war.
I already told you I'm not going to waste my time on it.

Are you going to answer my questions about hate speech related to the Christian video you posted?

Brian- you are correct, and far from alone. Well, unless 78% of the adults in this country are conspiracy theorists that is:
1661125182794.png

Brian- you are correct, and far from alone. Well, unless 78% of the adults in this country are conspiracy theorists that is:
View attachment 84511
The only thing that proves is the dumbing down of America.

Pretty easy to find how your information is mined, who is doing it, and why.

Here's a "hint"...$$$.

It's almost as if the information isn't out there, the internet still hasn't been invented yet, or that a vast, vast majority of Americans just aren't concerned about this "issue".

If they were, they would do something about it rather than cry about it on a hunting board.

Pretty easy to find how your information is mined, who is doing it, and why.

Here's a "hint"...$$$.

It's almost as if the information isn't out there, the internet still hasn't been invented yet, or that a vast, vast majority of Americans just aren't concerned about this "issue".

If they were, they would do something about it rather than cry about it on a hunting board.
You still haven't answered my question about hate speech related to your Christian mocking video. Post #101

I suppose another reason Americans dislike all that data is how it get's interpreted. Case in point- data says American's don't like something by an overwhelming margin, someone interprets it as they must be dumb.

I suppose another reason Americans dislike all that data is how it get's interpreted. Case in point- data says American's don't like something by an overwhelming margin, someone interprets it as they must be dumb.
Or could be just the facts, facts of the pesky variety:

About 130 million adults in the U.S. have low literacy skills according to a Gallup analysis of data from the U.S. Department of Education. This means more than half of Americans between the ages of 16 and 74 (54%) read below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.

Half of the US population can't read a book written at the 8th grade level, but we expect them to understand demographics? Nothing to see here...move along.

Pesky math for ya: even if ALL 54% of those you claim are too dumb to have an opinion were on the 78% side, there are still more than the 22% side. (Ya know- math and all- 78 -54 = 24, which is greater than 22). Of course, being a master of demographics and statistics, you know that 54% is not all on one side- that is statistically impossible. And another reason folks no likey all that dat'r out there- SOME people take two sets of data that have NO correlation, and draw a conclusion they really, really wanna be right about.

Pesky math for ya: even if ALL 54% of those you claim are too dumb to have an opinion were on the 78% side, there are still more than the 22% side. (Ya know- math and all- 78 -54 = 24, which is greater than 22). Of course, being a master of demographics and statistics, you know that 54% is not all on one side- that is statistically impossible. And another reason folks no likey all that dat'r out there- SOME people take two sets of data that have NO correlation, and draw a conclusion they really, really wanna be right about.
Right, but considering that only 12% of US citizens have high literacy, well, pretty easy correlation to make. Also not shocking they're leery of something they simply can't understand.

There's also a huge difference between having an opinion, and having an INFORMED opinion. Wouldn't you agree?

For the record, if you write for the 12%, you leave 88% of the US population confused. Its why scientific papers are so hard for most Americans to read, let alone understand/comprehend. I took an advanced writing course this spring for my job, and the guy putting the course on said the same thing. Scientists are being forced to write at the 8th grade level so the average American can (hopefully) understand it. That sounds easy to do, but its actually pretty tough when trying to explain complex things and issues. I will give anyone the benefit, that scientific journals can be pretentious and overly wordy, but at the same time, dumbing things down to 7th-8th grade level just doesn't work all that well either. In many cases, doesn't work at all.

So, even if they're provided the evidence of what demographics are used for, they'll only understand it at a 6th-8th grade level. Of course that's also assuming that the author wrote it for the 88%.

Anything that folks can't understand or comprehend is going to cause high levels of distrust and doubt. Intuitively obvious, even to the most casual observer.

Collecting demographic information on hunters in Colorado is at minimum a waste of time and money.
I wouldn’t bet the equity on your house on that if I were you.

Nothing is at it seems, these days. And….. how many times have you seen gov’t start out to do things, with the best of intentions and some clever chap comes along and turns the data collected against the reason it was orginally intended.

Don’t answer that….. I don’t think my heart can stand the strain……….

Right, but considering that only 12% of US citizens have high literacy, well, pretty easy correlation to make.
Now we're at 88% of people should have no opinion. Best rationalization I've ever seen in the face of overwhelming data to the contrary. Well done sir!

Satire.

Which only works when its true, or at the very least partially true.
I agree, nothing wrong with satire. Unfortunately many of the woke liberals can't handle it though. They will laugh at Christian jokes but when Dave Chapelle tells a few gay jokes they try to crucify him. There is a difference between hate speech and satire though. You have to look at the intent behind the "jokes".

Was your intent to Christian bash or bring up hypocrisy? I'm guessing you are similar to me, you are ok with other adults doing what they want with their lives as long as they don't force their beliefs on you.

To be clear how I feel. If a black/Latino/Asian Republican is running for President in 2024 against a white Biden, I will be voting for the nonwhite candidate.
But I also believe that making everything about race only divides us more.

I blocked SS a long time ago. Don’t know what he said, don’t care.
Wait....I can block SS!?? I've been dealing with that SOB's badgering for years.

I wouldn’t bet the equity on your house on that if I were you.

Nothing is at it seems, these days. And….. how many times have you seen gov’t start out to do things, with the best of intentions and some clever chap comes along and turns the data collected against the reason it was orginally intended.

Don’t answer that….. I don’t think my heart can stand the strain……….

Exactly why I said "at a minimum". They might not use the data today but who knows what they will do with it in 5 years or even 20 years.

Remember the Nazi's just wanted the Jews to put on the Star of David. Moa and Stalin were not so good to their citizens either. There is very good reason many of us don't trust our own government. The US government hasIf you look at history over the last 100 years, your own government could be your greatest threat. You are a fool if you trust the US government regardless if you are a liberal or conservative or libertarian or Christian or LTGB, etc.

Exactly why I said "at a minimum". They might not use the data today but who knows what they will do with it in 5 years or even 20 years.

Remember the Nazi's just wanted the Jews to put on the Star of David. Moa and Stalin were not so good to their citizens either. There is very good reason many of us don't trust our own government. The US government hasIf you look at history over the last 100 years, your own government could be your greatest threat. You are a fool if you trust the US government regardless if you are a liberal or conservative or libertarian or Christian or LTGB, etc.
Oh....you are so right.....the "to the death" trust of the government only comes from the overpaid, really smart federal employees....

I'm guessing you are similar to me, you are ok with other adults doing what they want with their lives as long as they don't force their beliefs on you.
Right, I've never had a member of the LBGTQ community force their beliefs on me, not once.

Can't say the same about the Christian community, they bring it right to the front door of my private property trying to force their beliefs on me. Usually happens at least 2-3 times a year.

Gets old and seems hypocritical when a vast majority of the thumping door knockers, would have an absolute coronary if a member of the LBGTQ community showed up on their front step forcing their beliefs on them.

Guess its a one-way street, Ms. Betty Bowers may have it right after-all.

Prove it tuffie.

In the meantime.

Homers right.....I have gkids in grade school and teachers "influence" them to explore LGBTQ. They are children so they know they don't understand what exactly it all means. However, from a parents eyes and from the convo's my wife and I have had with our Gkids, they def know what is being influenced upon them. I also suppose it has to do with where you live so I am assuming you live in a strongly Republican area, BuzzH.

Right, I've never had a member of the LBGTQ community force their beliefs on me, not once.

Can't say the same about the Christian community, they bring it right to the front door of my private property trying to force their beliefs on me. Usually happens at least 2-3 times a year.

Gets old and seems hypocritical when a vast majority of the thumping door knockers, would have an absolute coronary if a member of the LBGTQ community showed up on their front step forcing their beliefs on them.

Define “forced”.

Homers right.....I have gkids in grade school and teachers "influence" them to explore LGBTQ. They are children so they know they don't understand what exactly it all means. However, from a parents eyes and from the convo's my wife and I have had with our Gkids, they def know what is being influenced upon them. I also suppose it has to do with where you live so I am assuming you live in a strongly Republican area, BuzzH.
Prove it.

I live where I do for the hunting, fishing, and public lands. Not a thing to do with politics why I live where I do.

Define “forced”.
I'd say knocking on my g-damn door and shoving a bible in my face, along with their propaganda, wouldn't be considered "passive". Their style would make a vacuum cleaner salesmen blush.

Haven't ever had a LGBTQ person do anything like that, ever.

Prove it.

I live where I do for the hunting, fishing, and public lands. Not a thing to do with politics why I live where I do.
Sure....I'll have my 7, 9 and 11 year old gkids give you a call, jackie! Prove it....I just told you my gkids tell us what they tell them. They don't know enough to make that stuff up.

Sure....I'll have my 7, 9 and 11 year old gkids give you a call, jackie! Prove it....I just told you my gkids tell us what they tell them. They don't know enough to make that stuff up.
Don't believe you.

I work on proof, not what 7, 9, and 11 year old kids tell their grandparents that they want them to hear.

So, have you taken them out of public schools then if its such an issue for you?

BTW, what did they tell you about the LBGTQ community, exactly?

Last edited:
Don't believe you.

I work on proof, not what 7, 9, and 11 year old kids tell their grandparents that they want them to hear.

So, have you taken them out of public schools then if its such an issue for you?
No....that would be tragic if any kids were taken out of public schools over this. I believe what is taught in the home is much more important and holds much more weight than what teachers tell our kids. We need to be loving and stable entities for our children and not go to drastic measures when a situation can be handled in a calmer more manageable fashion. You seem like an extremist asking such questions. Would you take your kids out of school if they "influenced" your kids that hunting was wrong?

No....that would be tragic if any kids were taken out of public schools over this. I believe what is taught in the home is much more important and holds much more weight than what teachers tell our kids. We need to be loving and stable entities for our children and not go to drastic measures when a situation can be handled in a calmer more manageable fashion. You seem like an extremist asking such questions. Would you take your kids out of school if they "influenced" your kids that hunting was wrong?
Then the only fair conclusion is that what they "may" be teaching your gkids about the LGTBQ community is not to "influence" them after-all. Maybe its to be compassionate to others and accepting, you know, what good 'ol Christians pretend to be.

That is because you live in Wyoming. Try living in a place controlled by woke liberals. Ask someone from California if the LBGTQ has tried to force their beliefs on others. In Canada they are trying to enforce compelled speech to make sure you use the correct pronouns when talking about someone. I have no interest in learning the correct pronouns for 26 different genders.

I'll admit I've never had LBGTQ knock on my door and try to convert me. I've had a number of Christians knock on my door but none of them have tried to force their belief on me. They just offered to share a message about Jesus and politely left when I told them I wasn't interested. If you don't want people knocking on your door, put up a no soliciting sign, it is very effective at keeping the respectful people from knocking on your door.

That is because you live in Wyoming. Try living in a place controlled by woke liberals. Ask someone from California if the LBGTQ has tried to force their beliefs on others. In Canada they are trying to enforce compelled speech to make sure you use the correct pronouns when talking about someone. I have no interest in learning the correct pronouns for 26 different genders.

I'll admit I've never had LBGTQ knock on my door and try to convert me. I've had a number of Christians knock on my door but none of them have tried to force their belief on me. They just offered to share a message about Jesus and politely left when I told them I wasn't interested. If you don't want people knocking on your door, put up a no soliciting sign, it is very effective at keeping the respectful people from knocking on your door.
So, now its that damn Canada. Well, I thought this was a discussion about the United States? Although if we're going to talk about Canada, and if I was 25 years old, I'd be there yesterday. Pronouns don't scare me much, and the hunting opportunities in Canada are nothing short of spectacular.

If I want a message about Jesus, I'll do my own asking. Yes, they try to force it on the vulnerable, they don't have a prayer with me...pun be intended.

I won't put up a no soliciting sign, I like the popcorn and cookies that the kids sell. If the price I pay for that is trying to be forced into a religion by a thumper, so be it.

You're absolutely right about one thing in this thread.

Waiting for your proof of LBGQT being forced on school kids. No, meme's and bumper stickers don't count.
There is plenty of proof of LBGTQ being forced on school kids. If you are not aware of it happening, you live under a rock in Wyoming. The liberal media's false "Don't say gay" narrative in Florida is a perfect example of this. The woke liberals were all upset because teachers could not talk to 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders about sexuality or changing their gender.

I honestly could care less if you believe me or not, BuzzH. I simply said that they influence our children and you can't understand how or why they would do that. It is because you don't live in a completely jacked up state. You'd sh!t your pants if you knew the shenanigans that went on here in Cali. It's disgusting and insulting to those that live here that don't buy into what they are peddling. Again, you wouldn't understand.

I honestly could care less if you believe me or not, BuzzH. I simply said that they influence our children and you can't understand how or why they would do that. It is because you don't live in a completely jacked up state. You'd sh!t your pants if you knew the shenanigans that went on here in Cali. It's disgusting and insulting to those that live here that don't buy into what they are peddling. Again, you wouldn't understand.
Move if you don't like it and no I don't believe what you're implying...not for a second.

There is plenty of proof of LBGTQ being forced on school kids. If you are not aware of it happening, you live under a rock in Wyoming. The liberal media's false "Don't say gay" narrative in Florida is a perfect example of this. The woke liberals were all upset because teachers could not talk to 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders about sexuality or changing their gender.
Do you live in Florida? Have any kids in school there? Guessing probably not.

So, how is a teacher explaining gender and sexuality "influencing" them? The last thing we need is explaining to kids that not everyone is the same. Or that its a good thing to be supportive of one another, no matter their race or sexual orientation.

Best to keep that chit in the closet or under that rock you're talking about. Or perhaps hanging on a fence in Wyoming.

I'd say knocking on my g-damn door and shoving a bible in my face, along with their propaganda, wouldn't be considered "passive". Their style would make a vacuum cleaner salesmen blush.

Haven't ever had a LGBTQ person do anything like that, ever.
Buzz,
Knocking on your door……. is force?

Shoving a Bible in your face………I’d have to see to believe it……..?

Shoving their propaganda in your face……..I’d have to see to believe it……..?

I didn’t ask for a definition of “passive”.

I didn’t ask about salesmen or their style.

Wow.

With what you’ve left to the imagination, regarding the term “force” is representative of your definitions of the terms/words used in your other statements……… it’s a good thing I don’t do your peer review?

Buzz,
Knocking on your door……. is force?

Shoving a Bible in your face………I’d have to see to believe it……..?

Shoving their propaganda in your face……..I’d have to see to believe it……..?

I didn’t ask for a definition of “passive”.

I didn’t ask about salesmen or their style.

Wow.

With what you’ve left to the imagination, regarding the term “force” is representative of your definitions of the terms/words used in your other statements……… it’s a good thing I don’t do your peer review?
Yes, they shove their propaganda on you when you answer the door. My personal favorite is the watchtower, the bible is a given.

Pay close attention to 2:25.

It is in our childrens curriculum. Our teachers don't teach monogamy or men should only be married to women and vice versa. Teachers don't teach that....it is known to each individual child as that is how they have grown up. If a kid has 2 Dads, so be it. If a child has 2 Moms, so be it. Sexuality doesn't need to be taught to any child that can't and shouldn't be able to decide if they want to convert to the other sex. It's ludicrous.

Do you live in Florida? Have any kids in school there? Guessing probably not.

So, how is a teacher explaining gender and sexuality "influencing" them? The last thing we need is explaining to kids that not everyone is the same. Or that its a good thing to be supportive of one another, no matter their race or sexual orientation.

Best to keep that chit in the closet or under that rock you're talking about. Or perhaps hanging on a fence in Wyoming.
You asked for examples and I provided you some. Sorry they were from Florida and Canada. If you want teachers to talk to 1st graders about sexuality and gender identity, you have the right to believe that. I also have the right to think that is sick and twisted for teachers to think they should be educating 1st graders about sexuality and gender identity.

I had the sweetest Jehovah Witness woman come to my door at least once a month. We knew eachother by name and she's ask about my kids. I am Catholic so I didn't want her pamphlets but I took them anyway because she was a nice woman. She came by for about 2-3 years and then I never saw her again. Is that considered shoving her Bible in my face?

Pay close attention to 2:25.

It is in our childrens curriculum. Our teachers don't teach monogamy or men should only be married to women and vice versa. Teachers don't teach that....it is known to each individual child as that is how they have grown up. If a kid has 2 Dads, so be it. If a child has 2 Moms, so be it. Sexuality doesn't need to be taught to any child that can't and shouldn't be able to decide if they want to convert to the other sex. It's ludicrous.

Not seeing where they are teaching anyone to convert to another sex. I saw nothing in that video of the sort.

You have quite the imagination.

What a joke.

I guess I was right...you are an extremist.
Maybe I missed it, although I did pay particular attention to 2:25, please point out where they said, "we are going to teach kids to have a sex change."

If that's how you interpreted the remarks after 2:25, I think you're confused, best case.

More faux outrage is what I'm calling it, which is precisely how I see it.

I do appreciate the link though, but I could have called it before I saw it. About what I thought it would likely be, definitely pretty far from a "release the Kraken" expose'

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, although I did pay particular attention to 2:25, please point out where they said, "we are going to teach kids to have a sex change."

If that's how you interpreted the remarks after 2:25, I think you're confused, best case.
"Targeted suggestions"....you don't think that implies anything? You are pretty naive if you think that people say exactly what they mean. Did you vote for Cheney years ago? Because what she was telling you how she'd help Wyoming? In some instances, the agenda isn't written down specifically on a piece of paper...you kind of have to read through the BS to realize what is really happening.

Yes, they shove their propaganda on you when you answer the door. My personal favorite is the watchtower, the bible is a given.
You poor poor man……. I do hope you’ll somehow survive……. In the 57 years I’ve lived in my own home, controlling my front and back door, in Alberta, Nevada, California, and Utah, I’ve had hundreds of folks handing out their watchtower literature…….. knock on my door. Not once, in all those times, in all those years, have either my wife or I had a Bible or a watchtower or any other Christian literature/propaganda force/shoved in our face.

I simply do not believe you……….

"Targeted suggestions"....you don't think that implies anything? You are pretty naive if you think that people say exactly what they mean. Did you vote for Cheney years ago? Because what she was telling you how she'd help Wyoming? In some instances, the agenda isn't written down specifically on a piece of paper...you kind of have to read through the BS to realize what is really happening.
Again, I heard that but not my interpretation of what it meant. I think you're looking for something to twist to fit your preconceived agenda. That's cool, but not reality.

No, I've never voted for any Cheney and have no sympathy she's toast in Wyoming either.

More faux outrage is what I'm calling it, which is precisely how I see it.

I do appreciate the link though, but I could have called it before I saw it. About what I thought it would likely be, definitely pretty far from a "release the Kraken" expose'
"line by line and provided targeted suggestions" sounds like pushing LTGBQ on kids to me. Telling a 5 year old that it is an option to change their gender is just wrong. Do you think kids should be provided hormones and surgery to "correct their gender"? You asked for examples and we provided you with them.

You poor poor man……. I do hope you’ll somehow survive……. In the 57 years I’ve lived in my own home, controlling my front and back door, in Alberta, Nevada, California, and Utah, I’ve had hundreds of folks handing out their watchtower literature…….. knock on my door. Not once, in all those times, in all those years, have either my wife or I had a Bible or a watchtower or any other Christian literature/propaganda force/shoved in our face.

I simply do not believe you……….
Well, all I can tell you is that I've never had a single LGBTQ person knock on my door trying to shove their agenda on me, hand me a pamphlet, etc.

Like I said, not true of the thumpers, by a long shot.

"line by line and provided targeted suggestions" sounds like pushing LTGBQ on kids to me. Telling a 5 year old that it is an option to change their gender is just wrong. You asked for examples and we provided you with them.
No, actually you did not.

Did prove your agenda and where your mind is though.

Congratulations?

fact: there are people who try and force their beliefs on you and your kids from ALL angles. Both left and right

If you are ok with 1st graders being taught about sexuality choices in first grade, then it must be ok to also teach them about Christian beliefs, or abortion issues, or any other issues that you may or may not be in favor of.

1st graders need to learn reading and writing arithmetic and RECESS.

If you really don’t believe that influencing agendas are happening, I have an ostrich you should meet

Last edited:
I haven’t thought about Kirby vacuum’s or door-to-door insurance salesmen for years. The gangs selling magazines were the worst.

If y’all interested in Colorado’s “outdoor equity” programs, you can always visit their website. Generally speaking , the objective is to try to force impressionable yoots to have more understanding of the outdoors.

I know, that’s woke to some of us, but it’s prolly just hustling a few more application fees or parks passes.

Is this Buzz guy an actual person? He seems delightful.

I too remember Shepard. The drug connection seems a lot more probable then a targeted gay killing.

Brutality off the charts, but much like the Chauvin/Floyd case, the media narrative, doesn't fit the crime. I never saw proof Chauvin was a racist chasing black dudes, but rather a bad guy watching a guy die of a fentynal overdose and doing nothing.

For those of us old enough, we remember the way meth ran through the the rockies.

Either way, both those guys should of hung long before now

It was a joke, maybe a bad one but hey that’s why I’m not a comedian.

Should of drove your 4 wheeler to it
Should change your handle to fact less wonder, no atv could get to it hence the pack out down to accessible area.
Jealous much?

Colorado Outdoor Equity Grant Program will distribute $1.3 million in funding this fall

22a24e9f-464e-9f70-0799-3b227596be36.png
DENVER - From August 22 - September 30, 2022, organizations that expand access to Colorado’s outdoors for traditionally excluded youth can apply for financial support from the Colorado Outdoor Equity Grant Program (OEGP), which will award $1.3 million in Outdoor Equity Grants this fall.

While Colorado is famed for the world-class outdoor recreation opportunities it provides, many traditionally excluded communities in Colorado still face barriers to equitable access to the outdoors. The OEGP, signed into law last year by Governor Polis, increases access to outdoor opportunities for all Coloradans and provides resources to underserved youth and communities to help increase environmental learning opportunities, education, public health, and outdoor fun.

“Colorado Parks and Wildlife is proud to announce the kickoff of the second round of grant applications,” said CPW Acting Director Heather Dugan. “Through the Outdoor Equity Grant Program, we can begin to reduce the barriers that prevent all Coloradans from experiencing Colorado’s state parks and public lands and to build an outdoor community that is inclusive of all.”

Nonprofits, government entities, school districts, for-profits, and federally recognized tribes that wish to increase outdoor access for traditionally excluded youth (including youth from low-income and communities of color, LGBTQ+ youth, Native and Indigenous youth, and youth with disabilities) and that have not previously received OEGP funding can apply for up to $150,000 during this grant cycle.

“The Outdoor Equity Grant Program was created by and for communities that have historically faced barriers to participating in the year-round recreation activities that our beautiful state offers,” said OEGP Board Member Brayhan Reveles. “My personal connection with the natural world is so important to me, however, the ways that traditionally excluded communities connect with the outdoors are sometimes overlooked. Recreating in the outdoors does not mean that you are training for hundred-mile endurance races or multi-day backcountry trips. It can be as simple as bird watching or taking a walk with a friend outside. We aim to fund organizations and programs that honor the many ways that people connect to the land, and invite all to apply.”

The OEGP Board, a diverse board made up of individuals with experience in recreation and conservation and who come from the communities the grant program serves, will accept grant proposals from organizations that will support outdoor experiences for Colorado youth; show cultural competence in working with a target population of the OEGP; demonstrate a commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion; and that represent the geographic diversity of the state of Colorado.

The OEGP Board is committed to providing funding to organizations that have traditionally been unable to apply for grant programs due to organizational barriers, and encourage organizations of all sizes and with diverse missions to apply. The board will provide guidance through two virtual Q&A sessions for applicants on Thursday, September 8 at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The links to the Q&A sessions can be found on the OEGP website.

The Outdoor Equity Grant Program, through funding from the Colorado Lottery, will accept applications for grants each year. This June, it announced $1.8 million in grant awards to 43 organizations across the state. Additional funding from Great Outdoors Colorado and Colorado Parks and Wildlife was added to the inaugural grant cycle to increase the investment from $550,000 during the first year. This fall’s application process will solicit proposals from the second round of grantees for a total of $1.3 million in grants. The OEGP will eventually distribute up to $3 million annually to support outdoor education programs and conservation opportunities for underserved youth as the program fund grows with Lottery distribution in the coming years.

“We are excited to announce the next round of funding for the Colorado Outdoor Equity Grant Program. The first round saw significant interest from a wide variety of organizations and we are hopeful our next round can reach even more organizations working to help increase youth access to the outdoors in Colorado,” said Dan Gibbs, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Natural Resources. “We encourage organizations to attend the Q&A sessions and apply for grants. Colorado’s outdoors are for all and the Colorado Department of Natural Resources is dedicated to supporting a welcoming, inclusive and accessible environment for all visitors to our public lands.”

Groups can apply from August 22 - September 30, 2022. Find out more on the Outdoor Equity Grant Program website: https://cpw.info/outdoorequitygrant.

###

Spanish translation below.

So....what exactly is keeping anyone from the outdoors??
Obviously money....they're saying "underserved youth" which means "Hey YOU GUYS!! WE"VE GOT FREE STUFF FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT!!" Qualifications? Nope....we don't need no qualifications. Your gay? Perfect....step right up and get your free sh!t.

Parents that don’t give a darn.
Parents that lack money for a car, tent, sleeping bag, motel, food……
Parents that are medically unable to travel.
Parents that are mentally ill.
Single parent without a job.
Parents with three jobs.
Parents afraid of the natural world.
Parents afraid of bees, mosquitoes, coyotes and other people.
Parents that are afraid of the dark.

Just a guess……… but not the guess their thinking of.
So....what exactly is keeping anyone from the outdoors??

Parents that don’t give a darn.
Parents that lack money for a car, tent, sleeping bag, motel, food……
Parents that are medically unable to travel.
Parents that are mentally ill.
Single parent without a job.
Parents with three jobs.
Parents afraid of the natural world.
Parents afraid of bees, mosquitoes, coyotes and other people.
Parents that are afraid of the dark.

Just a guess……… but not the guess their thinking of.
But, what about the orphans?

Are we really saying that teaching kids about the outdoors -who otherwise might not have a way to learn- is a bad thing?

Far more important to worry about WHAT gets taught.

But, what about the orphans?

Are we really saying that teaching kids about the outdoors -who otherwise might not have a way to learn- is a bad thing?

Far more important to worry about WHAT gets taught.
Absolutely not…… as long as the curriculum is not based on a political anti multiple use agenda.

What frustrates me is the slant the language in the script’s focus on race and gender…… why is that necessary rather than saying everyone what lacks access to the outdoors……. unless it’s a race, gender driven program? People from both genders and all races need these opportunities.

As I’ve said, like you are suspect of anything Trump, I am equally suspect of anything left.

Should change your handle to fact less wonder, no atv could get to it hence the pack out down to accessible area.
Jealous much?
Well maybe jealous you shot it from the truck. All my sheep have been a work out. Be nice to get an easy one like yours one of these days. Age is catching up to me…

One of the enterprising honky’s here should apply to teach hunters safety to gang bangers. You know, contribute. :ROFLMAO:
Wow. Lot of racism in this post. First you use a demeaning ethnic slang to describe people of non color. Then you make a comment insinuating all people of color are “gang bangers” your worse then diaper joe and his poor kid being smart as white kids

Outrage over a program that gets more people interested in the outdoors because you are suspect they are directing the funding at people of color is about as racist as it gets. Pat yourself on the back MM community, you are why they need this program in the first place. Outrage because you are inconvenienced over having to click what color you are when you buy a hunting license is a close second. I hope a pansexual black man/woman draws your 4th season rifle tag next year.

Outrage over a program that gets more people interested in the outdoors because you are suspect they are directing the funding at people of color is about as racist as it gets. Pat yourself on the back MM community, you are why they need this program in the first place. Outrage because you are inconvenienced over having to click what color you are when you buy a hunting license is a close second. I hope a pansexual black man/woman draws your 4th season rifle tag next year.

No. I have a problem with the state pi55ing away $1300000 of money that should be used managing wildlife ON A PROBLEM THAT DOESN'T EXIST.

Do you have to associate a color with your race?

No. I have a problem with the state pi55ing away $1300000 of money that should be used managing wildlife ON A PROBLEM THAT DOESN'T EXIST.
Are you an underserved youth or member of an underserved community? Then you probably don’t know whether a problem exists or not do you? There’s problems with all sorts of crap that the game and fish puts money into that are problems that I didn’t know existed. Part of not being a know it all is not pretending to “know it all”…. But you’ve probably never tried that.

Wow. Lot of racism in this post. First you use a demeaning ethnic slang to describe people of non color. Then you make a comment insinuating all people of color are “gang bangers” your worse then diaper joe and his poor kid being smart as white kids
Ya think? :rolleyes:

You also need to mention my back-handed insult to people who hang around complaining on the internet all day.

Are you an underserved youth or member of an underserved community? Then you probably don’t know whether a problem exists or not do you? There’s problems with all sorts of crap that the game and fish puts money into that are problems that I didn’t know existed. Part of not being a know it all is not pretending to “know it all”…. But you’ve probably never tried that.
I was just a poor kid, but I was as smart as a white kid. Wait, I was a white kid too? Now I don’t know if I was underserved or privileged?

I’m sure you or buzz will let me know

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom