Race and Hunting. Colorado..

The point is why can't ALL people get outdoors? Does the outdoors discriminate? Please give me an instance of who would need special treatment in order to get outdoors.

Ya think? :rolleyes:

You also need to mention my back-handed insult to people who hang around complaining on the internet all day.
No, no. You can’t get off that easy pretending like you meant it as satire. Your real racism shown through there and we all know anything you put on the internet you need to be persecuted for. Cancel time for ole blue. Just not woke. Burn him at the stake

The point is why can't ALL people get outdoors? Does the outdoors discriminate? Please give me an instance of who would need special treatment in order to get outdoors.
Are you kidding? It’s right there in front of you. White tail? Huh, more like dog whistle for no colored allowed.

Don’t ask me about black bears, I don’t have one for that yet

Are you kidding? It’s right there in front of you. White tail? Huh, more like dog whistle for no colored allowed.

Don’t ask me about black bears, I don’t have one for that yet
There are rainbow unicorns...they are just as smart as sasquatch.

Iowan. Not all heterosexual men are like that. You will be welcome at my campfire any time. Who you are attracted to and who you choose as a partner is YOUR business. Doesn’t bother me a bit. Currently have a gay woman working for me. Have had gay men work for me. And just had lunch with a gay couple (women) that my wife and I are friends with. They both worked for me in the past as my office managers at different times. They are still my friends. Heck they are a big reason I will be having a financially comfortable retirement! Just offered them the use of my Colorado cabin.

I do not dislike the Colorado Governor and his partner because they are gay. I dislike their political ideals and policies. I am a veterinarian and the woman that he appointed to the veterinary board (an anti-hunter animal rights wacko) is a good example of that. But I would never call them names.

My Dad would have ripped me a new one if I ever said anything racist or anything bad about a gay person. In spite of what some people have said about my comments above, I stand by them. And IMO they are not racist. I see issues differently than some people, maybe different than you, but if you think my points are not valid, argue the issue, I will listen and have been know you change my mind. But when someone reads 1 post and call me ignorant and a racist, all intelligent discourse stops.
Not that many people care anymore who is gay/not. Regarding CO....I am more concerned that people elected polis only *because* he is gay.

Did you read what they do? NO, you didn't or you wouldn't be such an @ss and ask such dumb questions.

You know, purchase kids that need things like special kinds of wheelchairs to be able to hunt. You think they need any kind of special treatment to get outdoors?

Multiple sportsmen's and conservation org's applying for grants to get youth involved in conservation and outdoor activities, that sounds HORRIBLE!

In the end your true, Christian colors came through, complete with not giving a chit about others, homophobia, etc. that's really your ax to grind.

You're a fine example of the hypocritical and typical "Christian".

Oh, and before you bust my chops, I've done and continue to help others get involved in hunting, conservation and the outdoors. I donate a ton of time, a lot of money, and even donated a NR rifle Arizona bull elk tag I drew to "hunt of a lifetime".

Probably should have done the "Christian" thing and kept the tag for myself. I mean that 14 year old girl with terminal cancer didn't deserve the tag. You'd probably blame her for not having enough preference points to draw, or that she deserved to have cancer. Think she needed any "special treatment" there a-hole?

My Dad, Grandfather and I also took many people out for their first hunts that came from broken homes, lower income (not like we were rich), single parents, etc. We loaned them rifles, backpacks, bought them appropriate clothing if they didn't have any, processed their animals if they were successful, etc.

Not everyone has the financial ability to participate, the necessary equipment, or the mentors. Pretty obvious mentors are in short supply on this board, that's a fact.

This is a good program Colorado is providing, think I'll make a donation.

Did you read what they do? NO, you didn't or you wouldn't be such an @ss and ask such dumb questions.

You know, purchase kids that need things like special kinds of wheelchairs to be able to hunt.

Multiple sportsmen's and conservation org's applying for grants to get youth involved in conservation and outdoor activities, that sounds HORRIBLE!

In the end your true, Christian colors came through, complete with not giving a chit about others, homophobia, etc. that's really your ax to grind.

Oh, and before you bust my chops, I've done and continue to help others get involved in hunting, conservation and the outdoors. I donate a ton of time, a lot of money, and even donated an Arizona bull elk tag I drew to "hunt of a lifetime".

Probably should have done the "Christian" thing and kept the tag for myself. I mean that 14 year old girl with terminal cancer didn't deserve the tag. You'd probably blame her for not having enough preference points to draw, or that she deserved to have cancer.

My Dad, Grandfather and I also took many people out for their first hunts that came from broken homes, lower income (not like we were rich), single parents, etc. We loaned them rifles, backpacks, bought them appropriate clothing if they didn't have any, processed their animals if they were successful, etc.

Not everyone has the financial ability to participate, the necessary equipment, or the mentors. Pretty obvious mentors are in short supply on this board, that's a fact.

No pent up hate shining through here at all

We’re you one of “those” choir boys buzz? Think you need to talk to somebody about it

No pent up hate shining through here at all

We’re you one of “those” choir boys buzz? Think you need to talk to somebody about it
We're?

Go back to grade school, your comments and maturity never developed much past that, if only obviously.

You know, purchase kids that need things like special kinds of wheelchairs to be able to hunt. You think they need any kind of special treatment to get outdoors?

Oh, and before you bust my chops, I've done and continue to help others get involved in hunting, conservation and the outdoors. I donate a ton of time, a lot of money, and even donated a NR rifle Arizona bull elk tag I drew to "hunt of a lifetime".

Probably should have done the "Christian" thing and kept the tag for myself. I mean that 14 year old girl with terminal cancer didn't deserve the tag. You'd probably blame her for not having enough preference points to draw, or that she deserved to have cancer. Think she needed any "special treatment" there a-hole?

#crazyexgirlfriend

Are you an underserved youth or member of an underserved community? Then you probably don’t know whether a problem exists or not do you? There’s problems with all sorts of crap that the game and fish puts money into that are problems that I didn’t know existed. Part of not being a know it all is not pretending to “know it all”…. But you’ve probably never tried that.

Why don't you enlighten us slick with how the game departments can "under serve" a community???????

And they don't describe them as under served. THEY SAY THEY ARE "EXCLUDED".

Looks like you were under served in reading class. And let me tell you something boy, I'm not pretending.

Urban inner city youth. Where will they go to learn hunters safety for example. You can imagine a dozen scenarios if you try.
Does limited access equate to “excluded”? Is there actually something written somewhere that says “exclude” a particular section of the society from the out doors?

Does limited access equate to “excluded”? Is there actually something written somewhere that says “exclude” a particular section of the society from the out doors?
If you have no mode of transportation, no equipment (fishing gear, rifle, bow), and you live in a low income inner-city as a youth...yeah, I'd pretty much call that excluded.

Wait, I think I found it

3CC38760-A1C7-4C8E-938F-632353AF9795.jpeg

If you have no mode of transportation, no equipment (fishing gear, rifle, bow), and you live in a low income inner-city as a youth...yeah, I'd pretty much call that excluded.
Excluded by who? Did a governing agency exclude you? Keep you from having those things? Your the super smart one here, do explain the exclusion

Why don't you enlighten us slick with how the game departments can "under serve" a community???????

Looks like you were under served in reading class. And let me tell you something boy, I'm not pretending.
Tell you what, boy, you're definitely not "under served" at the dinner table.

20220129_171430.jpg

Don’t know if historically excluded is defined somewhere like it is in the construction industry where hiring and minority subcontracting “goals” are established. I’m sure you’re up on those.

I’m just glad someone is taking those kids fishing :)

CO is spending over a BILLION dollars on a highway project that (in part) will reunite two neighborhoods that were bisected by an interstate and changed the demographic patterns for generations.

Whether you agree with that kind of thinking or not gets resolved at the ballot box. In our case, the urban masses generally dictate policy.

Don’t know if historically excluded is defined somewhere like it is in the construction industry where hiring and minority subcontracting “goals” are established. I’m sure you’re up on those.

CO is spending over a BILLION dollars on a highway project that (in part) will reunite two neighborhoods that were bisected by an interstate and changed the demographic patterns for generations.

Whether you agree with that kind of thinking or not gets resolved at the ballot box. In our case, the urban masses generally dictate policy.
I forgot roads were racist. Man there’s a lot to keep up on.

I forgot roads were racist. Man there’s a lot to keep up on.
You can see racism everywhere if you look hard enough ;)

There are lengthy dissertations by smart people on why infrastructure and industry seem to choose poor neighborhoods. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND that you read it because…….well, you just aren’t ready for that kind of thing.

So, there shouldn't be a Chinatown in Cali or a Muslim community in Minnesota? What about an Afican American community in Watts? Are you saying that we all should be integrated and putting roads from one community to another will alleviate those issues? Cats out of the bag...but there are roads connecting every community in the US.

They are building a freeway between me and the golf course. I understand the trauma of roads?

There are lengthy dissertations by smart people on why infrastructure and industry seem to choose poor neighborhoods. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND that you read it because…….well, you just aren’t ready for that kind of thing.
Smart people. That’s a good one

Ya. I read an article about the Minneapolis school district lay off plans which dictate white teachers are laid off first.

So, there shouldn't be a Chinatown in Cali or a Muslim community in Minnesota? What about an Afican American community in Watts? Are you saying that we all should be integrated and putting roads from one community to another will alleviate those issues? Cats out of the bag...but there are roads connecting every community in the US.
No, that’s not what I’m saying. Nor am I offering an opinion one way or the other. I’m just saying the way it is.

There is lots of analysis out there to help explain why these traditionally minority communities didn’t have a voice in their community affairs. How much you learn - and believe - is up to you.

I’m a little surprised the question is coming from a realtor.

No, that’s not what I’m saying. Nor am I offering an opinion one way or the other. I’m just saying the way it is.

There is lots of analysis out there to help explain why these traditionally minority communities didn’t have a voice in their community affairs. How much you learn - and believe - is up to you.

Well, where I live we have our own type of separation of communities. I feel that those would feel much more comfortable living with like-people. It's human nature. Would you rather live with country folk or hiphop city goers who want to go to da club? LOL. It goes with any demographic. I think it is healthy living and the best living with those that are like-minded.

Urban inner city youth. Where will they go to learn hunters safety for example. You can imagine a dozen scenarios if you try.

On line. That's where my inner city kids did it. It was horrible. Never would have happened if Jessy Jackass hadn't stepped in.

Try again.

So, as I see the world's greatest expert thumbs uping you, we are to believe that development, or placement, or whatever is a racist concept.

I guess it started with roads? Because I read a history book, and the railroad owners, pretty much stole and cheated WHITE, European immigrants of land, for railroads and spurs.

I also noticed that the big cities, and the industries that spearheaded the industrial revolution, were in NY, CHICAGO, etc. Places where black folks headed to following the Civil War.

I know history only started in 2016, when the orange Klan grand wizard took over, but for those that could read, the population went to industry, not the other way around.

On line. That's where my inner city kids did it. It was horrible. Never would have happened if Jessy Jackass hadn't stepped in.

Try again.

Unfortunately, it's not just inner city kids.

My youngest got his done thanks to Faucci, online as well

So, as I see the world's greatest expert thumbs uping you, we are to believe that development, or placement, or whatever is a racist concept.

I guess it started with roads? Because I read a history book, and the railroad owners, pretty much stole and cheated WHITE, European immigrants of land, for railroads and spurs.

I also noticed that the big cities, and the industries that spearheaded the industrial revolution, were in NY, CHICAGO, etc. Places where black folks headed to following the Civil War.

I know history only started in 2016, when the orange Klan grand wizard took over, but for those that could read, the population went to industry, not the other way around.
I’m not here to convince any of you. I just like throwing out the chicken feed :)

I think it’s wonderful to provide opportunities to youth that is out of their reach. Whether it’s giving inner city kids a view into wilderness and nature or giving small town kids a chance to see the Smithsonian. All good stuff.

Funny thing is- this post started with crazy data collection. Demographics. Whatever. I highly doubt the intellectuals that man our government posts REALLY need my data to determine that inner city kids could use a window into the wilds. Use that 12% education and make a damn easy assumption that will pay dividends.

I’m not here to convince any of you. I just like throwing out the chicken feed :)

I've always wondered if there is a boat on the ocean somewhere that all the anti racists, and indigenous land affirmation folks live? I mean obviously, they would still be on stolen land and racist roads right?

There’s a road right outside my house! Will a smart person please tell me how I know if its racist or not!!!

Blue……. I understand your point, inner city youth do need help embracing the outdoors but there also dozens of examples where youth in the suburbs and rural areas need it too. For hell’s sake, why can’t it just say “youth that need assistance accessing the experience and gaining the knowledge” instead of selecting race and gender groups. When they do that it drips of bias and bigotry. These bureaucrats are choosing these terms and trageting these groups for a political agenda, not out of love for the youth or the outdoors. You guys know that’s way it’s crafted the way it is. It would have been very easy to make it totally inclusive, if they’d wanted it inclusive.

Well, where I live we have our own type of separation of communities. I feel that those would feel much more comfortable living with like-people. It's human nature. Would you rather live with country folk or hiphop city goers who want to go to da club? LOL. It goes with any demographic. I think it is healthy living and the best living with those that are like-minded.
What's next? Bringing back separate drinking fountains?

I couldn't give a chit less who I live around as long as they're not closed minded bigots.

Plenty of "country folk" I'd rather not live within 50 miles of, and as long as the hiphop city goer's are good people, I have no problem having them for neighbors.

I have a pretty diverse neighborhood and for the most part, all are good people. Really enjoyed having the UW head basketball coach as a neighbor, he and his wife were great people. His Son, also a basketball coach at UW lived in the house behind us, good guy as well. Executive Director of the Wyoming Golf Association and his wife live across the street, Wyoming Natives, good people. Another neighbor is from Canada and member of the LGBTQ community, great neighbor. Retired couple from ND live on the same block, great people. Have 3 different Asian American couples as neighbors, great people. Orthopedic surgeon lives behind us, he's not the best neighbor.

There’s a road right outside my house! Will a smart person please tell me how I know if its racist or not!!!

I can't.

The grid pattern of roads Brother Brigham set up in the sage brush and cattails in what became Utah, obviously was racist. Probably part of the patriarchy, and definitely misogynistic, I mean have you ever seen a female use a square?

Blue……. I understand your point, inner city youth do need help embracing the outdoors but there also dozens of examples where youth in the suburbs and rural areas need it too. For hell’s sake, why can’t it just say “youth that need assistance accessing the experience and gaining the knowledge” instead of selecting race and gender groups. When they do that it drips of bias and bigotry. These bureaucrats are choosing these terms and trageting these groups for a political agenda, not out of love for the youth or the outdoors. You guys know that’s way it’s crafted the way it is. It would have been very easy to make it totally inclusive, if they’d wanted it inclusive.
And the good thing is, the suburban and rural areas can apply for the same grants.

Pull up your pants, your faux outrage is showing. The very thing you're whining about isn't even true.

Did anyone bother to read the link that bluehair provided?

Apparently not, I copied it slowly, so you can read it. I can't make you understand it, but here it is:

Programs or projects should strive to be culturally responsive. They should raise awareness of and or seek to address the root cause of the disparities Colorado youth experience while trying to access the outdoors, whether youth are from an urban, innercity environment or a rural community. Our goal is to build the Colorado of our future through strategic investments that improve the lives and well-being of youth and their families.

Last edited:
What's next? Bringing back separate drinking fountains?

I couldn't give a chit less who I live around as long as they're not closed minded bigots.

Plenty of "country folk" I'd rather not live within 50 miles of, and as long as the hiphop city goer's are good people, I have no problem having them for neighbors.

I have a pretty diverse neighborhood and for the most part, all are good people. Really enjoyed having the UW head basketball coach as a neighbor, he and his wife were great people. His Son, also a basketball coach at UW lived in the house behind us, good guy as well. Executive Director of the Wyoming Golf Association and his wife live across the street, Wyoming Natives, good people. Another neighbor is from Canada and member of the LGBTQ community, great neighbor. Retired couple from ND live on the same block, great people. Have 3 different Asian American couples as neighbors, great people. Orthopedic surgeon lives behind us, he's not the best neighbor.

Nothing says open minded like "as long as they aren't".........

I can't.

The grid pattern of roads Brother Brigham set up in the sage brush and cattails in what became Utah, obviously was racist. Probably part of the patriarchy, and definitely misogynistic, I mean have you ever seen a female use a square?
I bet blue will be able to tell me if its racist.

What kinda info you need blue? Picture? Dimensions? It’s been seal coated, that make it more racist or does it seal some of the racism in? I gotta know. I really hope it’s not one of those white nationalist roads. Those ones sound scary

I bet blue will be able to tell me if its racist.

What kinda info you need blue? Picture? Dimensions? It’s been seal coated, that make it more racist or does it seal some of the racism in? I gotta know. I really hope it’s not one of those white nationalist roads. Those ones sound scary

"
*Chistian* White Nationalist.

Dude, you gotta keep up

Because this state is run by liberal democrats. For perspective, revisit the issue with Prenzlow’s “back of the bus” comment.

As long as they meet the criteria…….

i didn’t introduce the demographic, I responded to it.
Yeah, they have to be from Colorado and youth...pretty "exclusive" group.

I'll copy it again, slower this time so you may have a chance to comprehend:

They should raise awareness of and or seek to address the root cause of the disparities Colorado youth experience while trying to access the outdoors, whether youth are from an urban, innercity environment or a rural community. Our goal is to build the Colorado of our future through strategic investments that improve the lives and well-being of youth and their families.

The demographic would be youth that have a tough time accessing the outdoors, whether from an urban, inner-city, or rural community.

It's not a difficult concept, unless you choose to make it one.

Excellent approach dildo. I just wrote it down exactly as it was stated in the press release. I did fine in reading class. That last, absolute train wreck of a post, tells me otherwise for your backwoods sister fisting education.

22028467-5E2E-4321-AAB1-36CA82BE0B48.jpeg

Hey y'all....BuzzH is pretty special. He's living next to 3 Asians and a basketball coach. All is good in the world. Do you live next to any field workers? How about any low income single parent families. I can't wait for this answer so I can prove my point.

Hey y'all....BuzzH is pretty special. He's living next to 3 Asians and a basketball coach. All is good in the world. Do you live next to any field workers? How about any low income single parent families. I can't wait for this answer so I can prove my point.
I work in the field about 150 days a year...I'm that guy.

Virtually everything is racist and everything is an existential threat, including national parks... google it. It's all racist because those that have nothing positive to offer need division & virtue signaling to maintain their status

I'm still stuck on what group a basketball coach is supposed to be from. I guess in open minded Laramie, folks just know these things.

I'm sure next to the orthopedic surgeon, there is a field worker?

Say again, this time include all the words.

I have no idea if "do" live next to the guys in the fields. For all I know "do" lives in a mansion.
Do live next to the guys (in the same neighborhood) you work in the fields with? Not any foreman or supervisors but the ones that break their backs 6 1/2 days a week running with a full box of product to grab another box to fill up? I guess I have to spell it out for you because you'll use every excuse not to answer the question and prove the point that the reason communities and demographics are "separated" is not due to color or race but mostly due to financial situations. Would you agree to that?

Do live next to the guys (in the same neighborhood) you work in the fields with? Not any foreman or supervisors but the ones that break their backs 6 1/2 days a week running with a full box of product to grab another box to fill up? I guess I have to spell it out for you because you'll use every excuse not to answer the question and prove the point that the reason communities and demographics are "separated" is not due to color or race but mostly due to financial situations. Would you agree to that?
You're just going to have to ask "do", don't know the guy.

You're just going to have to ask "do", don't know the guy.
Do you live next to the guys (in the same neighborhood) you work in the fields with? Not any foreman or supervisors but the ones that break their backs 6 1/2 days a week running with a full box of product to grab another box to fill up? I guess I have to spell it out for you because you'll use every excuse not to answer the question and prove the point that the reason communities and demographics are "separated" is not due to color or race but mostly due to financial situations. Would you agree to that?

Do you live next to the guys (in the same neighborhood) you work in the fields with? Not any foreman or supervisors but the ones that break their backs 6 1/2 days a week running with a full box of product to grab another box to fill up? I guess I have to spell it out for you because you'll use every excuse not to answer the question and prove the point that the reason communities and demographics are "separated" is not due to color or race but mostly due to financial situations. Would you agree to that?
Ok, third times a charm. I knew you would get it right eventually.

No, I work in the field solo so have no guys/gals I work with living close to me. My nearest coworker lives 5.5 hours from me.

I don't think its just coincidence that communities of mostly one race are separated. I also don't believe its simply financial either, but certainly in some cases is a contributing factor.

Why do you seem so quick to want to put people into boxes of your own convenience?

I'll give you a hint, it doesn't work.

Is basketball a race?....or are you insinuating a stereotype that we should understand??
Thank God Homer’s here. Hey Homer couple of these guys keep doing the grammar correction thing. I was letting it go for a while but it was starting to upset me. Your the only one around here I’ll accept grammatical criticism from. These D bags are no where near your league

Thank God Homer’s here. Hey Homer couple of these guys keep doing the grammar correction thing. I was letting it go for a while but it was starting to upset me. Your the only one around here I’ll accept grammatical criticism from. These D bags are no where near your league
lol...yeah...I saw that....that is my schtick....lol

you're...Homer isn't doing his job, as if that's a surprise.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Call them trannies, fags, polesmokers, or whatever else you need to prove your manhood - I will do whatever I can to make sure tragedies like this one never happen again. You may not have been there when Mathew Sheppard was murdered but it probably does not bother you either. I would prefer you call me names opposed to others. I will start for you - shut up homo, you must be a democrat, you polesmoker, you tranny, etc. In fact from this point forward anyone that is homophobic, angry at life, lacks self-esteem, or for any reason needs to attack others to build themselves up please send it my way. I will PM thank you notes to anyone that attacks me rather than attacking populations at higher risk of suicide - unless that is your goal.
You make a valid point. However hunthike61 also made a valid point when he said this.

I remember the Shepard tragedy- and it was a terrible event in Laramie's history. Nobody deserves that.

That said- there is a HUGE difference between being xxx-phobic, and hating the woke craziness that has overtaken much of the country. When someone vents about 13 choices on a form, it's because it's gotten to the point that if you decide you are a turtle, you can get it on some government form. It's just nuts.

I think this is a case where both things are true.

You make a valid point. However hunthike61 also made a valid point when he said this.

I remember the Shepard tragedy- and it was a terrible event in Laramie's history. Nobody deserves that.

That said- there is a HUGE difference between being xxx-phobic, and hating the woke craziness that has overtaken much of the country. When someone vents about 13 choices on a form, it's because it's gotten to the point that if you decide you are a turtle, you can get it on some government form. It's just nuts.

I think this is a case where both things are true.
Hey, hey….hey. We’re trying to talk about real serious stuff here like how buzz even is ok with a Chinese!! You could really learn something from that guy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom