Ranger or Rhino:?

peakfreak

Very Active Member
I'm looking to buy one of these two machines.
Any suggestions or experience with either, good or bad, would be helpful. Thanks.

I have driven the Polaris and I have looked at the Rhino. I would go with Rhino because it is a little smaller than the Polaris but if you are looking at the cost of the two machines I think the Polaris is a considerable amount cheaper than the Yamaha. The polaris is good maching and is strong. Caleb

Don't these cost like 10 grand?
they are cool for sure I was talking to older gents last year who was driving one and they loved it!(they were warm, dry and moble!)I have a grizzley!
rm

Go RHINO or go home. You will have more fun on it. By far the best machine out there.
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Arctic cat makes a nice one called the prowler 650. I think it's cheaper then the others.

Don't know much about them other than the Ranger that we use in elk camp. Friends of ours have a couple Mules but IMO the Ranger is better.

Couple of unlucky cows...

Johnandranger.jpg

You can get a low end Rhino for about 8000.00 I have contemplated buy one but I am not sure if I will. I use a quad to drive from point A to point B and save wear and tear on my vehicle. I couldn't justify spending that much money on machine that may not see much use. Anyway both are nice machines

Thanks for the input. I bought the Ranger 500 efi Mossyoak. My dad has a Rhino so I am very familiar with it. The Rhino is sportier and more fun to drive. The bench seat and efi pushed me to the Ranger. It's like comparing a two door Tahoe(Rhino) vs. a Suburban(Ranger). They're both great, but different.

Dirt wheels runs shootouts in their rag every month. They recently has one betweent those 2 machines and the Rino was the clear winner. They seem to hold no punches on those shootouts.

10,000 plus tax and license, no set up fee or doc fee. Got it at Jogensens in Richfield. I love that store!!

If your gonna hunt Utah id go with the armor upgrades, expensive but well worth the extra cost to make it cat proof.
On a serious note, check out the John Deere Gator. The Army has been using those for awhile now and they seem to hold up pretty good. Id call 2 years in a combat zone a true torture test that would be hard to duplicate by some magazine.
ismith

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom