Real or Photoshopped?

backinthegame

I also posted this in the General Section, but I thought some of you photo pros might also be photoshop pros and would be able to weigh in...

This is allegedly a trail cam pic in the "moment of truth."

What do you think?

cuddeback_08.jpg

could be real. It's hard to tell but it might be a high heart shot, depending on the angle (could have been shot from a tree stand) the buck jumped after the hit, into the camera's beam, the shot was taken, the blood is from the heart pumping blood out of the wound, and the deer's ghostly appearance is due to the flash sink speed, there was enough flash to capture the deer, but not enough to stop it's action completely that's why you see the trees showing though the buck. Cool shot if you ask me. . .

Tony

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-08 AT 07:36AM (MST)[p]That little bull moose/bat picture is very cool. It appears that the bat is taking advantage of the bugs flying around the moose. That bat has found the mother load. I couldn't get the deer pic to load.

The deer photo is totaly fake (IMO). You can see through the buck. It has sharp edges all around the body with no blurr, and yet you can see right through its back. I say fake! But cool!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Brandon, if you do a lot of flash photography, which I do, you will find that when shooting motion, low light with a flash, you get that ghosting because the flash power is to low, and the sinc speed and power ratio couple with the distance and shutter speed very often creates "see though" images. Due to the length of the shutter being open, and the quick action of the deer, (less than a 1/3 of a second between the hit and the jump) you get an exposure of the background first, then the flash goes off and "stops" the action of the deer jumping. There is no doubt in my mind that it could be a real image. I'm not saying it is, i'm saying it is technically possible and very likely real. . .

www.tonybynum.com

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

I always find the discussion of real or fake pictures funny. 99% of the time the 'fake' picture is real. Got to love the pessimists. :)

the photo has to be fake look at the back and tail of the buck u can see through it and the blood gushing out from its underside on the opposite side of the shot and the arrow isnt close all the way through this has to be 100% fake

the blood is pumping from the heart, the deer is on it's way down so the blood looks "wrong" but it's not. The shot, i'm sure was a trail cam picture, the deer was shot from a tree stand, or from next to the trial cam, and shooter just got lucky to have the trail cam snap the shot. . .

www.tonybynum.com

Over on the bowsite there is a very lengthy thread on this...Mikethecheesehead, a long time bowsiter and good guy (determined by my cyber-telepathy) shoots pool with the uncle of the kid that shot the deer... That is the pic he got off the trail cam... no alterations...

Believe it.... Or not.

I believe it...

By the way Bill...wow...that is COOL with the bat and moose. You are into trailcamming now?? Sweet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom