Record book ?

I took a mule deer that qualified for the awards book but haven't entered him. Main frame was big enough for the all time but the trash brought him down to 188 6/8" net. Whether he's in a book or not, I sure get a great feeling of nostalgia every time I see him on the wall.

I have taken the animals. I've not entered them....and the more popular "trophy" hunting becomes, the more I become adamant about never doing so!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

My dad took a non-typical muley that is from what I measured in the 230+ gross range. I have a 330 class P&Y bull that I never had scored or added to the P&Y book, if there is one.

I have always felt that I were to get lucky enough and take a B&C elk, I would have it entered.

I've got 6. 2 deer, 2 lopes, 1 bull elk, 1 desert big horn.
Never thought about entering them. Never will

never have, got a few that would make both books, but then i think there is fee to enter them. then you got to buy the book. then a few years later you got to buy another new updated book.

I haven't been a member of the Boone and Crockett for several years. Lately, i've had to cut back on some of the memberships because of my business being slow but the B&C club has been one of my favorites for years.

I started unofficially scoring bucks, bulls, moose, lopes, whatever i and my buds brought home, at least 35 years ago. It's been nothing but fun and we all have had a good time with it. Almost every single animal i've scored didn't/wouldn't make the all Time Records Of North American Big Game Book for one small reason or another. Many have been very close and some of those were then officially measured but still came up just short.

I've taken a goodly amount of nice game animals in my day. There are several bucks in the high 170's-low 180's group and a couple nice lopes pushing 80". Would i enter a qualifying animal in the All Time Book if i was lucky enough to get one? You bet your a$$ i would, in a heartbeat! :)

Joey

I have taken several that would qualify and never have entered them .

In 2002 my Son killed a dandy Antelope and I surprised him by entering it in B&C. This Buck ranked 130th at the time the 12th edition 2005 book came out with a net score of 87 6/8. He was really excited when they used his picture as well.

8106scan0004.jpg

I have an antelope that will make b&c. Haven't worried about getting him put in the book tho

I have a bunch of deer that would make P&Y but have never entered any. I have entered a couple in our provincial book and our provincial bow hunting records but not all.

I shot an antelope and a bear in 07 that are in the book. At the time i was all about it. Now days it doesn't interest me. I think now days people are all about the score and not the memories and the hunt.

Im in no means meaning this towards anyone or saying this is how it always is because its not.....but in my experience about 3/4 of the time guys who say they have B&C animals rarely do when officially measured.......

Pope and Young, Long Hunter are fairly easy...B&C All-Time....well its a whole different ball of wax!!

I personally disregard most measurements until I see it printed in the book as most are total BS.......official measuring in my mind is the only way to believe it.

Just my two cents...and I take nothing away from a guy who would rather not have it entered..I just don't believe a hard score...but then again B&C inches aren't everything as I have seen some bucks/bulls that wont make it that I like more than stuff that would have!

Eventhough we have had record books for a long time, this whole thing about scores really took off a few years ago. Most of the ole time hunters never cared about what the animal scored and some even left the horns in the field. How many times have you seen a buck that someone found in a barn or a elderly relative had shot that several years later was scored and entered in the book. I personally know of a typical buck that was shot in the 50's and wasn't scored until 40 years later and is in the top of the record books. The hunter never even had it mounted just cut the horns off and put them in storage. It was all about the meat and the hunting experience.

wildsage

rebel,

I agree with you.

It's easy to say a head will make the book (and I mean B&C here), but it's another matter to have it officially measured and then entered.

There are indeed heads out there that could make the book but won't be entered by their owners. Nevertheless, a great many of the "yeah, that'll make B&C" heads won't. Perhaps most.

That doesn't mean it's not a wonderful trophy, but ...

It's not a book head if it's not in the book.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom