Red Bluff Area

If you find it let me know and i'll meet you there! :)

There is Tons of checkerboard BLM just West and North of Red Bluff but a guy would need to be really handy with a GPS and map set to legally access. I think that area over there with a few scouting trips would be your best bet to get into good hogs. I live only an hour away but Pigs aren't a priority for me so never did what it would take.

Also, there is public ground up by Paynes creek, Antelope creek, hog back, areas. Not sure but don't believe a lot of pigs on the public but there is a good amount of guided trips for pigs not far from the land that is open to public hunting. I've spent many hours in that country hunting Quail yet not seen a pig...

I've also heard of a good sized walk-in area, at least for deer so why not for pigs, that borders right along the East banks of the Sacramento River. You might ask about that hunt at local sporting good stores or look for it on the net.

I've killed a few pigs and the younger ones, IMO, are some of the best eating wild game there is. Good luck, hope you find them!!!

Joey

>If you find it let me
>know and i'll meet you
>there! :)
>
>There is Tons of checkerboard BLM
>just West and North of
>Red Bluff but a guy
>would need to be really
>handy with a GPS and
>map set to legally access.
>I think that area over
>there with a few scouting
>trips would be your best
>bet to get into good
>hogs. I live only an
>hour away but Pigs aren't
>a priority for me so
>never did what it would
>take.
>
>Also, there is public ground up
>by Paynes creek, Antelope creek,
>hog back, areas. Not sure
>but don't believe a lot
>of pigs on the public
>but there is a good
>amount of guided trips for
>pigs not far from the
>land that is open to
>public hunting. I've spent many
>hours in that country hunting
>Quail yet not seen a
>pig...
>
>I've also heard of a good
>sized walk-in area, at least
>for deer so why not
>for pigs, that borders right
>along the East banks of
>the Sacramento River. You might
>ask about that hunt at
>local sporting good stores or
>look for it on the
>net.
>
>I've killed a few pigs and
>the younger ones, IMO, are
>some of the best eating
>wild game there is. Good
>luck, hope you find them!!!
>
>
>Joey

Thanks Joey!
I'm on a job in Red Bluff until Feb. so I figured I would get some hunting in....Need a big boar for my trophy room! Any leads on some good bear guides that get find 400lb. plus bears?
Again thanks for the info...

There was this bar just outside Red Bluff...........some 300# hogs in there, but I am pretty sure those lumberjacks snatched them all up by now.

Good luck on your quest to find some open land. My brother lives in Chico and has had poor luck finding land that is not leased to outfitters.

check out huntinggpsmaps.com -if you got a spare 99$ they make a sweet chip to put in your GPS for ownerships. I just used my oregon chip (I have a Garmin 60csx).. really helpful!

Well worth it if you are anywhere questionable!

There are hogs in the Tehema Wildlife Area Preserve access is off HWY 36 Paynes Creek area. Check maps for a road that passes thru a rock wall fence that goes back to the edge of the Game Refuge. We have not been in that country for 30 years so check with F&G for access and regs on hunting that area.

Also there is a bear guide out of CottonWood below Redding and above Red Bluff. Look up contact information on the CA F&G website under licensed guides or call the DFG Regional Office in Redding for info/.

Good Luck

))))----->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom